The Student Room Group

If you could change TSR to any colour scheme what would it be?

As the title states, the current colour scheme is mostly blue but if you could change it what would you change it to or would you keep the current one?

I heard that in past (ages ago) you could choose the colour scheme that you wanted (out of a few options) but you can’t do that anymore.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Talkative Toad
As the title states, the current colour scheme is mostly blue but if you could change it what would you change it to or would you keep the current one?

I heard that in past (ages ago) you could choose the colour scheme that you wanted (out of a few options) but you can’t do that anymore.

Purple or green
Original post by flowersinmyhair
Purple or green

Yeah purple is nice.

I would do Gold or Pink if I had the choice, I like blue though (3rd favourite colour).
Yeah purple is nice.

I would do Gold or Pink if I had the choice, I like blue though (3rd favourite colour).

Agree purple or gold would look good. A few years ago, when I was a more regular user I'm sure I recall the colour scheme being green
Original post by Alesha1991
Agree purple or gold would look good. A few years ago, when I was a more regular user I'm sure I recall the colour scheme being green

As in it was permanently/mainly green?
As in it was permanently/mainly green?

Think so. I'm sure I remember the parts that are blue now being green.
Original post by Alesha1991
Think so. I'm sure I remember the parts that are blue now being green.

I see, green is nice
(edited 7 months ago)
I would reinstate the blobbies
Original post by CoolCavy
I would reinstate the blobbies

What were those (I think I know what you’re talking about but what were the blobbies for?)
Reply 9
A dark mode. The screen is just too bright and it hurts my eyes after about ten minutes.
Original post by gjd800
A dark mode. The screen is just too bright and it hurts my eyes after about ten minutes.

I’ve seen lots of people ask for this, odd that it doesn’t exist like it does for every other social media and online forum.
Reply 11
I’ve seen lots of people ask for this, odd that it doesn’t exist like it does for every other social media and online forum.

It is a bit strange. I use dark mode for every other site I use with any regularity.
Original post by gjd800

It is a bit strange. I use dark mode for every other site I use with any regularity.

I personally don’t mind light mode and I prefer it but I simply have my phone set to automatically go into dark mode after sunset.

I think that TSR is the only forum (haven’t seen this on other forums or on social media platforms) where there isn’t a dark mode available. You have to go in your settings and do some magic in order to get a “dark mode”.
Smart invert in settings gives my a dark mode but that reverses the colours of everything.
a nice green shade.
Reply 15
Smart invert in settings gives my a dark mode but that reverses the colours of everything.

I mostly use this place on a computer.
Original post by gjd800

In that case yeah that’s not ideal (when it comes to this kind of thing).
Reply 17
I think that at Christmas it should turn green and red and play a little jingle bells noise every time you click on something :claus: or maybe blue and white with snowflakes as not everyone celebrates Christmas :snow:
Original post by gjd800

You can get a dark mode via the Brave Browser (at least on mobile, I haven’t tried computer) and simply turn on night mode. Yeah TSR should have this built in maybe.

Brave is nice as it blocks YouTube Ads and regular ads along with other features.

While it isn't the only forum or app I've used that doesn't have a dark mode adding one would still be very nice. I like the blue and yellow colour scheme, it's a happy-feeling colour scheme.

Quick Reply

Latest