The Student Room Group

Economics A-Level HELP!

I'm currently in Year 13 studying Edexcel Economics at A2 along with three other subjects. Having gained an A in AS economics, I have continued to study it in in sixth form and I'm looking to study economics at Brist/Nott (my preferred uni. choices). However, I'm the only economics student at my school who has continued with it this year and so they are not teaching it at A2 level. I'm having to self-teach so I'm looking for some guidance as to what resources current Econ. students are using in class, what handouts/HW etc you have been given, and maybe you could forward them on to me. Also want to know where you are in terms of progress in class with Unit 3 and Unit 4 so I can keep up with what a school teaching A2 Econ. requires. Maybe this can be a regular thing so I can keep on track with Economics this year, I need an at least an A aswell so help would be much appreciated. Thankssss :smile:
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Original post by jamiee207
I'm currently in Year 13 studying Edexcel Economics at A2 along with three other subjects. Having gained an A in AS economics, I have continued to study it in in sixth form and I'm looking to study economics at Brist/Nott (my preferred uni. choices). However, I'm the only economics student at my school who has continued with it this year and so they are not teaching it at A2 level. I'm having to self-teach so I'm looking for some guidance as to what resources current Econ. students are using in class, what handouts/HW etc you have been given, and maybe you could forward them on to me. Also want to know where you are in terms of progress in class with Unit 3 and Unit 4 so I can keep up with what a school teaching A2 Econ. requires. Maybe this can be a regular thing so I can keep on track with Economics this year, I need an at least an A aswell so help would be much appreciated. Thankssss :smile:

I recommend using Tutor2u. Work your way through the textbooks you are using (I recommend Powell). Complete as many papers as possible, and learn to self mark (Your AS teacher may even offer to mark your work).

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest