The Student Room Group

Applying to medicine with achieved grades

Hi guys,

I have decided to take a gap year and was wondering does anyone know which medical schools I would have an advantage at when applying due to the fact I will be applying with achieved not predicted grades.
Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Take a look at te 'Applying to your strengths' page on TSR for medicine. A quick google search will bring up the page.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Htrain250
Hi guys,

I have decided to take a gap year and was wondering does anyone know which medical schools I would have an advantage at when applying due to the fact I will be applying with achieved not predicted grades.
Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be completely honest with you, most medical schools will look at you with an advantage... I can't think of a single med school that wouldn't prefer to have someone they know has the grades!! If they are very high grades obviously I would suggest applying to universities that put a greater emphasis on grades... Oxbridge, Birmingham, I think a couple of the London colleges such as Kings are pretty high!! Universities much prefer achieved over predicted, so you would basically have free range over which ones to apply to academic wise. The way to narrow them down is by looking at what you achieve in the UKCAT, whether or not you want to do the BMAT and which universities look favourably on volunteering and work experience. Good luck with your exams and I hope you do well. Put your gap year to good use and enjoy it :smile:
Reply 3
Thanks a lot. Couldn't have asked for a more pleasant reply

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending