Harian96
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I have an essay and more to come which I would like to check for any possible plagiarism. My university is Bangor and it used Turnitin to detect Plagiarism. I can only use it AFTER I have already submitted my work.
Please can anyone suggest a free alternative to Turnitin a university student like me can use PRIOR to officially submitting it via Turnitin.
I would really appreciate it.
Forum User
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why would you need to check your own work for possible plagiarism? Don't you know whether or not you have plagiarised it?
Harian96
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I often make referencing errors.
dean01234
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Even with errors it should still be within an acceptable limit.
FreedomCostsTax
Badges: 12
Report 7 years ago
No other software would be able to scan the turnitin database, so any alternative would be useless.

If you're worried that you've used content from the internet, then you can Google whatever sentences that may be plagiarised from websites.
HarryJames
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Turnitin won't check your referencing. If you haven't plagiarised then there's nothing to worry about

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nancy Lin
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Free checkers usually have awful design and poor functionality. Usually, they aim is just to give traffic to paid checkers that's why they are so bad. So I recommend you to find not such expensive alternative to Turnitin. For example, you can choose Unicheck plagiarism checker. We use it in our school and it's pretty cool. Every time I need to check my papers for plagiarism I enjoy using it, so I can recommend it to you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
14.48%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.52%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
4.83%
I need help with my personal statement (60)
41.38%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (36)
24.83%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.07%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
6.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise