The Student Room Group

Free Alternatives to Turnitin?

I have an essay and more to come which I would like to check for any possible plagiarism. My university is Bangor and it used Turnitin to detect Plagiarism. I can only use it AFTER I have already submitted my work.
Please can anyone suggest a free alternative to Turnitin a university student like me can use PRIOR to officially submitting it via Turnitin.
I would really appreciate it.
Why would you need to check your own work for possible plagiarism? Don't you know whether or not you have plagiarised it?
Reply 2
I often make referencing errors.
Reply 3
Even with errors it should still be within an acceptable limit.
No other software would be able to scan the turnitin database, so any alternative would be useless.

If you're worried that you've used content from the internet, then you can Google whatever sentences that may be plagiarised from websites.
Turnitin won't check your referencing. If you haven't plagiarised then there's nothing to worry about

Posted from TSR Mobile
Free checkers usually have awful design and poor functionality. Usually, they aim is just to give traffic to paid checkers that's why they are so bad. So I recommend you to find not such expensive alternative to Turnitin. For example, you can choose Unicheck plagiarism checker. We use it in our school and it's pretty cool. Every time I need to check my papers for plagiarism I enjoy using it, so I can recommend it to you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending