The Student Room Group

Assingment didnt sumbit properly

my assingment says "Error while processing or retrieving the document" on my page where i should submitted it
i keep changing the file but nothing seems to be working i was just wondering if anybody has any advice for me on what to do
Reply 1
Depending on the format you're submitting (if it's a docx or pdf) largely image based submissions can be tricky to bypass turnitin, because it can't read images. If it's largely text and you're still not having much joy, it can be down to your OS (if you're using microsoft, mac, google notebook) this can be a common issue with using mac/google tech, and this can be due to the way the files encode. If it's one of these, might be just a case of swapping or borrowing a PC just to submit, either via uni library or some alternative.

But if its like an image based portfolio (for like design, etc), it might be just a case of having to email it to your tutor and getting them to mark it manually for submission.

Original post by Anonymous
my assingment says "Error while processing or retrieving the document" on my page where i should submitted it
i keep changing the file but nothing seems to be working i was just wondering if anybody has any advice for me on what to do
Reply 2
You need to contact Digital IT for help. If it's a system problem, get a task number in case you need to appeal against a penalty for late submission.
As a back-up, I would send a copy to the module leader which will at least date stamp the submission.
Reply 3
Original post by cheadle
You need to contact Digital IT for help. If it's a system problem, get a task number in case you need to appeal against a penalty for late submission.
As a back-up, I would send a copy to the module leader which will at least date stamp the submission.

i had this issue last year and i went to IT but was too stupid and i didnt get a task number, i asked a guy at IT and he said it should be ok, and ive been withdrawn from uni because of it. ive tried appealing but havent heard back. i know its a wild question but do you have any advice
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
i had this issue last year and i went to IT but was too stupid and i didnt get a task number, i asked a guy at IT and he said it should be ok, and ive been withdrawn from uni because of it. ive tried appealing but havent heard back. i know its a wild question but do you have any advice

The case should be logged with your user name. Try contacting IT for any calls from you, the date, and how the case was resolved.
Reply 5
Original post by cheadle
The case should be logged with your user name. Try contacting IT for any calls from you, the date, and how the case was resolved.

i never called IT, i went to them face to face. stupidly i didnt ask for a 'receipt' or anything, even though i didnt think it was necessary

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending