The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Offers - how do they work?

I've applied to Imperial and 4 other universities for physics (I'm Dutch), but I don't know how offers work, so here are my questions:

- Do they always give you an offer for 3 classes? I always see stuff like AAB, A*A*A and stuff like that, so is it a rule that universities can ask for 3 classes at most?

- I'm pretty sure that my 3 most relevant classes are Physics, Math and Further Math. If I get offers for physics, am I sure to get them for these 3 classes?

I'm asking because I want to know if I should absolutely focus on physics, math and further math. I am afraid that if I get an offer, they might ask for a certain chemistry grade, even though that's not my strongest point. I currently have (using an equivalency table) an A* for physics and an A* for further math, but just an A for math. What would be better for me, an A*A*A* and a B for chemistry, or A*A*AA (with the A's for chemistry and math).

Of course I know that they might consider your grades for other classes before they give you an offer, but I'm strictly speaking about the offer itself.
Reply 1
Oh yeah, and the reason I really want to know because I bombed chemistry and math (probably a C for math and a friggen D for chem) in the past week, mostly because I didn't have time to study at all, because of the PAT. Also, there are renovations going on in my flat everyday from 07:00-19:00, so I was kind of ****ed this week. I am allowed to retake one of them, but definitely not both.
(edited 10 years ago)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by ZafarS

I had a 4-grade offer from Imperial last year and they specified which grade they wanted for each subject.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending