The Student Room Group

Have you ever cried watching a TV show/Film or listening to a song or reading a book?

title says it all

i got emotional when Max died in Hollyoaks and Mark died in Emmerdale.

Scroll to see replies

yeah, all the time, I cried when my pencil finished, in fact it makes me sad thinking about it now.....
Reply 2
I don't think I've ever cried, but I've definitely got really teary eyed (you know, that hot feeling in the eyes?) before. Like watching Shadowlands today, from about half way through to the end.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
I have cried at every one of those except a song. I cry at least 4-5 times a week at some sort of TV programme/film/book. Saying that, I do purposely watch things that will make me cry :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I find that most books by Nicholas Sparks are very emotional. Movies such as "P.S I love you", " A walk to remember" or "Charlie St Cloud" tend to make me cry ;')
When ray Allen broke the record I came close, but didn't.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xTP8KUpoHfg&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DxTP8KUpoHfg
Yes, to all of your criteria.
Oh man, all the time. And not only when it's sad, I even cry when something is really epic, oddly enough. Way back when I was twelve I was reading The Return of the King in a doctor's waiting room and burst out crying when Rohan arrives to help Gondor :tongue: This was before the films, mind, so I didn't know it was all going to be okay in the end! :colondollar:

Another thing with me is that I don't just get teary, I actually cry with lots of tears and snot and everything, it's horrible :tongue:
No, I've got a heart made of ice.

Although, back in 2009, I almost cried when watching that episode of Eastenders where Ronnie's daughter died. Hearing Ronnie's screeches really hit the nail on the head there. It was acted out so perfectly. If I didn't have a heart made of ice I so would've had a good cry at that.

Hmm, I'm reconsidering songs. I listen to music a lot. A lot of music reminds me of a lot of things about/related to me or my past that tend to overwhelm me and sometimes make me cry. I've got like a list of songs that I force myself to stay away from when I'm feeling emotional unless I have the time to feel emotional. Off the top of my head, some of these are:
Warpaint - Undertow
MATD - Teen Idle
Young The Giant - Cough Syrup
Jeff Buckley - Grace
Coldplay - Paradise, Speed of Sound
Icon For Hire - Off With Her Head
Bethany Joy Lenz - Halo
Kings of Leon - Use Somebody
Dashboard Confessional - Belle of The Boulevard
Korn - Freak On A Leash (the Amy Lee version. :love:)
I've cried to cartoons. Judge away.

I cried to the ending of F.R.I.E.N.D.S
I've cried x amount of times watching Game Of Thrones.
I cry every time I hear Audrey Hepburn sing in Breakfast at Tiffany's.
I cried when Leo DiCaprio died in Titanic:colondollar:
The persuit of Happyness- i cried to that.
I cried to Forrest Gump, My Sisters Keeper, Philadelphia.
I've cried to plenty of Norah Jones songs.

I'm pretty sure there's more that i've not yet thought of.
My God i'm so emotional!!
The videos of Bambi and The Lion King had to be destroyed when I were a child. They were just too devastating.

Nowadays I tend to well up rather than full on cry.

Though a WWII documentary did catch me out earlier....
And the first time I saw those two cartoons that Hal.E.Lujah posted, I did cry.

Oh and Marley and Me... It was so bad we actually smashed that dvd and then burned it - it turned is all into bawling wrecks!
Reply 12
Yes a few times.... think one of the latest episodes was when I watched 'Million Dollar Baby'. It was so touching at the end.
I cry way to much over TV shows/films:

TV: - When Steph died in Hollyoaks
- Mike's funeral in Desperate Housewives
- American Idol (when Chris Medina didn't get through to live shows)
- BGT 2011 semi-final (Jai McDowall singing "Bring Me To Life")
- Runrig singing "Loch Lomond" on Children In Need 2007

Film: - Titanic
- Armageddon (various points throughout the film) :colondollar:

These are just all the ones I can remember, there's probably many more I've forgotten. :p:
Reply 14
I dont cry often watching TV.
Reply 15
I cried listening and seeing this...

[video="youtube;z4_vFAZgL4E"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4_vFAZgL4E[/video]
Reply 16
Original post by Habsburg
I don't think I've ever cried, but I've definitely got really teary eyed (you know, that hot feeling in the eyes?) before. Like watching Shadowlands today, from about half way through to the end.

We had to watch Shadowlands as part of our RS class and most people cried. It's very sad and the music or though not really my type is really saddening on it.
Original post by hbk4894
title says it all

i got emotional when Max died in Hollyoaks and Mark died in Emmerdale.

I cried when maxine died on waterloo road
And i also cried when stella and frankie died on the royal
Reply 18
I nearly cried when I watched the John Lewis Christmas advert and when I was reading war horse. It's all coming back to me now :,(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
The Great Gatsby movie, I felt really sorry for Jay.

Also, at the end of Gravity. I shed tears, not sure why, it was one emotional scene, superbly delivered, and the soundtrack helped.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest