The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
rivulet
Is there anyone here doing chemeng? Can you give me a list of books related to 1st year undergraduate course? Cheers!

Books you will definately use are Engineering Mathematics by K.A. Stroud 5th edition and Atkins Physical Chemistry 7th edition (i think 8th edition is out now mind you). You'll use this in your Properties of matter course. I also used Chemical Bonding from Oxford university press. Small green booklet by Rogers and Mayhew called Thermodynamic Properties of Fluids will be your most referred to book for most subjects. Some other people bought other books, some bought none and just relied on the library. Ons ive listed above are what i purchased and they did help, saved me going to library or being restricted by loan time.

Hope this helps, any more q's feel free to message me.

Mark
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
I would highly recommend 'Chemical Engineering Design and Analysis: An Introduction' by T. Michael Duncan and Jeffrey A. Reimer
(Cambridge University Press), which can be found here.

The book is a great introduction to Chem Eng and is at a level which most people can understand whilst still going into quite a bit of detail.

Hope this helps.
ProfessorFitBoy
I would highly recommend 'Chemical Engineering Design and Analysis: An Introduction' by T. Michael Duncan and Jeffrey A. Reimer
(Cambridge University Press), which can be found here.

The book is a great introduction to Chem Eng and is at a level which most people can understand whilst still going into quite a bit of detail.

Hope this helps.

Looks good. Pricey though.
silent ninja
Looks good. Pricey though.

It's worth it: it's a really good book :smile:.
I've also found it useful to familiarise myself with some of the Chem Eng fundamentals prior to interviews etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending