The Student Room Group

Should I dye my hair black?

I'm really tempted to dye my hair black but I'm not sure if I'd suit it or whether I'm better staying the colour I am just now. Im naturally pale so I don't know if it would look like I was trying to be 'gothy'. I've attached a photo to show what it's like now.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1385270223.232731.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Harley
I'm really tempted to dye my hair black but I'm not sure if I'd suit it or whether I'm better staying the colour I am just now. Im naturally pale so I don't know if it would look like I was trying to be 'gothy'. I've attached a photo to show what it's like now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think your hair is a lovely colour as it is, and black may be a bit too dark. Maybe a medium-dark brown would suit you better? :smile:
Reply 2
YESS! go for it! .... you have really big eyes like me and I think black would look really nice! I naturally have really light brown hair but always dye it black, im definitely not a goth, nor aiming for that look! (pale as well) and it works for me :smile: take a risk you may love it!
Reply 3
Try it! And some hints of blue here and there as well :smile:
(but that would look gothy wouldn't it? :tongue:)
Original post by Harley

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really like your current haircolour and think you look nice as you are but I reckon you could pull black off. If I was you I would leave it as it is but if you desparately want a change then die it black..maybe even a reddy sort of colour might suit you
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by CasualSoul
I really like your current haircolour and think you look nice as you are but I reckon you could pull black off. If I was you I would leave it as it is but if you desparately want a change then die it black..maybe even a reddy sort of colour might suit you

Hahaha I like the fact you made a mockup version :lol: I'm thinking I'll probably keep it as it is just now, if I was going to dye it black I'd probably grow it out as well and get a full fringe cut in. Oh it is actually red, you can't see it very clearly in the picture but you can in others like this (ignore the stupid face I'm pulling haha)
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1385275780.725822.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Precious Illusions
I think your hair is a lovely colour as it is, and black may be a bit too dark. Maybe a medium-dark brown would suit you better? :smile:

Thanks :smile: I am quite happy with how it is now, I think I'll keep it the colour it is for now, though I've not had it brown for a while so I'll keep that in mind :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Harley
Hahaha I like the fact you made a mockup version :lol: I'm thinking I'll probably keep it as it is just now, if I was going to dye it black I'd probably grow it out as well and get a full fringe cut in. Oh it is actually red, you can't see it very clearly in the picture but you can in others like this (ignore the stupid face I'm pulling haha)
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1385275780.725822.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha noo problem :tongue:
Oh right :biggrin: Oh wow it is more of a reddy kind of colour- I like it. I agree with your decision to leave it as it is :clap2:
(edited 10 years ago)
http://www.taaz.com/virtual-makeover

Try this to see what you'd look like, I did it with blonde hair, but never dyed it. I have naturally mouse-brown hair but I always go back to black and I'm very pale, never make it look gothic though.
Original post by Harley

Posted from TSR Mobile
please no!!!!!! i like blond !
Original post by Harley

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you should go for it, it would suit you!! Let us know though
Did you do it?

Quick Reply

Latest