The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Medical science!

Hi everyone!!:smile::smile:

I'am an italian girl and I am preparing my application for University of Edinburgh, I am particulary interested in Medical Science.
My predicted final grade is around 90/100 ( the minimum expected is 90)

I am attending to a scientific school, where I study biology, chemistry, maths, physics, English, Italian, English and Spanish literature, history and philosophy. So I have a strong culture both in scientific and humanistic studies. I have many , such as theatre, music (piano and guitar), and at the moment I am volounteer in a hospital to help children and their parents.

I have noticed that just 30% of all students who send an application are accepted...
So I am really worried!

Can anyone tell me what is University of Edinburgh looking for and how to get an offer?:confused:
Thanks!! :smile:

Annie
Original post by mianni
Hi everyone!!:smile::smile:

I'am an italian girl and I am preparing my application for University of Edinburgh, I am particulary interested in Medical Science.
My predicted final grade is around 90/100 ( the minimum expected is 90)

I am attending to a scientific school, where I study biology, chemistry, maths, physics, English, Italian, English and Spanish literature, history and philosophy. So I have a strong culture both in scientific and humanistic studies. I have many , such as theatre, music (piano and guitar), and at the moment I am volounteer in a hospital to help children and their parents.

I have noticed that just 30% of all students who send an application are accepted...
So I am really worried!

Can anyone tell me what is University of Edinburgh looking for and how to get an offer?:confused:
Thanks!! :smile:

Annie

I imagine the problem comes from the fact that Edinburgh states that "p to five offers for entry into Year 2 of the Edinburgh MBChB will be made to final-year Medical Sciences undergraduates." So really you are competing not only with people wanting to do medical science but also with people who intend to study medicine but fail to get in the first time around.

If it makes you feel any better, only 20% of law applicants get a place and only 10% actually end up at Edinburgh, so this isn't just a medical science phenomena.

Now, how can you make your application strong? I would say that you have most things covered already (to the point where you may have been able to apply to medicine) so that is good. The main thing for you to work on is your personal statement, so do that now if you haven't already!
(edited 10 years ago)
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending