The Student Room Group

Durham UMS request

I'm applying for theoretical physics in Durham University and have just received an email asking for my UMS scores in my maths, further maths and physics modules.
One of my further maths modules (Mechanics unit 3) i done pretty poorly in, between difficulty, almost being late because of the main road being blocked on the bus and hay fever kicking in on the detour the bus needed to take i was freaking out quite a bit.
Is it worth adding in the additional information column that's provided that i think my performance was effected by these factors (hay fever and almost late) and that i do intend to resit or will it just look like an excuse for bad marks?
Original post by shinji22
I'm applying for theoretical physics in Durham University and have just received an email asking for my UMS scores in my maths, further maths and physics modules.
One of my further maths modules (Mechanics unit 3) i done pretty poorly in, between difficulty, almost being late because of the main road being blocked on the bus and hay fever kicking in on the detour the bus needed to take i was freaking out quite a bit.
Is it worth adding in the additional information column that's provided that i think my performance was effected by these factors (hay fever and almost late) and that i do intend to resit or will it just look like an excuse for bad marks?

Definitely don't do this. The place for any claim for mitigating circumstances is in the reference, and these circumstances would not qualify in any case.
Reply 2
Original post by shinji22

You should add any additional information you think will help explain your performance on the day. Including the information won't have a negative impact on your application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending