The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

PGCE 2014 Applicants QUB (Queen's University Belfast)

Scroll to see replies

I am fairly nervous myself so I'm hoping that's a good sign! And yes I do have some experience. I did a weeks observation back in May so I'm going to be talking about it quite a lot. I also volunteer with kids in the lgbt sector and although that's really good experience to have i worry about mentioning it incase one of the interviewers is biased in any way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Anyone who has been interviewed so far got any tips for the big day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 282
Anyone who has got an interview for English, what are your surnames? I still haven't got any word but know it's done alphabetically.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 283
Original post by DavinaS
Anyone who has got an interview for English, what are your surnames? I still haven't got any word but know it's done alphabetically.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My surname is Mackle

Posted from TSR Mobile
When is your interview Niamh?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 285
Original post by KierClarke
When is your interview Niamh?

Posted from TSR Mobile

On Wednesday 21st at 2.30

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck with your preparation! Let us all know how it goes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How is everyone getting on with their prep?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 288
Jonny86 that's brilliant advice! Thanks for taking the time to post it here! Interview tomorrow so I shall let everyone know what's asked and how it goes 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fingers and toes crossed it all goes to plan, Niamh!

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did you get on Niamh?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Victoria. 10 seems to be a sensible figure. I'm not sure where the actual number is posted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Victoria. 10 seems to be a sensible figure. I'm not sure where the actual number is posted.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks KC. Did I read your interview is this Friday? Good luck. I'd given up hope of getting an interview.
Yea it's this Friday. I'm sitting looking at my prep work and after nothing but this for two weeks my head is completely fried.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That is quite a drop in numbers. Furthermore none of my prep has touched on A level, I was only focussing on key stage 3 and 4. I may have a think about the texts we studied at A level just in case.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That is quite a drop in numbers. Furthermore none of my prep has touched on A level, I was only focussing on key stage 3 and 4. I may have a think about the texts we studied at A level just in case.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, feeling I've a lot of prep to do this weekend and a sinking feeling I'm wasting my time and have no chance if there are only 12 places. :/
Victoria all we can do is our best. It might work in your favour that you have life experiences that those straight out of university won't have, you know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I find it quite unfair that some candidates are interviewed and they go in, give it their best shot and answer as best they can without knowing what will be asked. But now you know something that will be asked. If everyone knew what the questions are then what is the point of an interview? I thought these forums were monitored for this kind of thing.
RLake there are only a certain number of questions that can be asked in an interview like this. I haven't learned anything new from reading this forum other than general tips and advice. They are ways going to ask you to tell them about yourself. They will always ask why you want to teach. They will always ask what you have to bring to the table. But interviews always vary and there are people here commenting on interviews they have had for different courses at different universities. There is nothing untoward going on here except for people trying to help each other do something very difficult. No one is looking for a leg up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Victoria all we can do is our best. It might work in your favour that you have life experiences that those straight out of university won't have, you know?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending