The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by C_Chu
anyone else on here waiting for a history of art offer from the pool??

yepp!! so is cheesejug, and one other person whom i can't remember their name
Original post by martinetlau
where else did you apply to:biggrin:

UCL (reject), Bath (offer), Newcastle (offer), Manchester (not heard).... you?
Reply 582
Original post by Reiss64
You were pooled too then? How goes the Bath application?

Yeah, currently swimming :/

No response from Bath yet. I don't think they've handed out many offers/rejections yet so I'm still hoping!
Original post by frances007
no it is on the cambridge website, applicants with ums 93%+ get autopooled, and scottish applicants with 4A1 :rolleyes:

Oh, so is being auto-pooled a good thing? (i.e. you're guaranteed a place in the Winter Pool?) I thought it meant that you were automatically put in the pool and not really considered seriously for admission to your college of choice (ha, actually on second thought that makes little sense, but still)?
Original post by magicbiscuits
UCL (reject), Bath (offer), Newcastle (offer), Manchester (not heard).... you?

UCL-rejected; Bath-Offer; Sheffield-Offer; Nottingham-Offer
Cambridge-POOLED
Reply 585
Original post by Alien41
Yeah, currently swimming :/

No response from Bath yet. I don't think they've handed out many offers/rejections yet so I'm still hoping!

Well best of luck! :h: Oh, and fingers crossed on getting fished! :biggrin:
Original post by Катя
Oh, so is being auto-pooled a good thing? (i.e. you're guaranteed a place in the Winter Pool?) I thought it meant that you were automatically put in the pool and not really considered seriously for admission to your college of choice (ha, actually on second thought that makes little sense, but still)?

I'd say auto-pooled is a bad thing but that's not to say those with >93% have been auto-pooled, they may have been pooled since they're strong candidates.
M&S carrier bags are taunting me. ImageUploadedByStudent Room1388938113.749705.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Катя

Well I guess having a high enough ums to be pooled is a good thing, and yes it guarantees you won't be flat out rejected (although this doesn't apply to medicine and maths), however it means you don't know how well your interviews went etc, if they HAVE to pool you, they may think you're useless but you still have to be pooled..it's all a guessing game :cool:
Reply 589
Original post by ermm
But you don't have to worry about that anymore, do you? :wink:

no, luckily. I don't know how you are all sane at the moment!! seriously i was a mess and i didn't have to wait that long :P
Original post by martinetlau
UCL-rejected; Bath-Offer; Sheffield-Offer; Nottingham-Offer
Cambridge-POOLED

talk about being in the same boat!
what subjects do you do and how was your ums? (If you don't mind me asking)

was your interview on a monday - maybe we met? :smile:
Reply 591
Original post by Катя
Is there actually an official auto-pool mark, or is that an urban myth?

93% - it says on the cambridge pool information sheet for either teachers or directors of studies so it's true
Reply 592
Do your GCSES have to be good...im in the pool with OK AS but not great GCSES, a poor interview and a poor exam... kind of losing hope now
Reply 593
Original post by Reiss64
Well best of luck! :h: Oh, and fingers crossed on getting fished! :biggrin:

Reply 594
Original post by hairclip
no, luckily. I don't know how you are all sane at the moment!! seriously i was a mess and i didn't have to wait that long :P

haha, believe me we're not (or at least I'm not). I applied last year and was pooled then too which I suppose makes it easier and harder haha. Having poor UMS and being in the pool is never fun :P
Original post by floz123
Do your GCSES have to be good...im in the pool with OK AS but not great GCSES, a poor interview and a poor exam... kind of losing hope now

GCSE's don't matter much as long as you AS grades are good.
Reply 596
Original post by Катя
Congratulations! :smile:

I do have a question, though: you said you 'thought you were only in the pool because of your UMS' but your UMS is pretty damn good?

thanks :smile: and yeah i agree that they are :wink: I meant that i thought that my ums were good enough to put me in the pool and stop me being outright rejected! in other words i thought (and still kinda do) that i was auto-pooled cos my first interview was sooo bad
Reply 597
If anyone's interested, the Guardian posted this pic of what the winter pool actually looks like... :eek:

Discussing-the-winter-poo-007.jpg

Oh and this thread reminded me of this :wink:

swimming-pool_o_481017.jpg
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 598
I had a second interview at another college (Selwyn) back on the day (I think it's the norm for Classics) - any idea if that would make them more/less likely to fish me?
Reply 599
Original post by TerribleTej
GCSE's don't matter much as long as you AS grades are good.

So I should be good with 7 A* 2 A?

Latest

Trending

Trending