The Student Room Group

Is vodka known as "a sluts drink"?

Basically, whenever I go out I always end up ordering vodka and orange because it's my favourite drink!
I also love neat vodka, flavoured vodka, or mixed with other things.

Everytime I ordered it, my boyfriend at the time used to say that vodka is known as something that sluts drink? Is this true? :confused:

Scroll to see replies

Its all about Ciroc, had that at my 18th and it tasted so good .

I haven't come across that stereotype myself.
Reply 2
No?
I'm always drinking vodka when i'm out and have never heard it being called a sluts drink!
Reply 4
Never heard that before. Most girls at my uni drink vodka. Mostly crappy cheap brands too.
Reply 5
Maybe he means because people get so messy drinking it!

As long as you don't mix it, you should be fine.
Nah it's what you do after drinking vodka that determines whether you're a slut.
Never heard it. I love vodka. Russian standard, with crisp cranberry juice and a lime wedge. Gorge.
Or 'freeze' it and sip it neat over the rocks. Lovely.
Never heard that.. from my experience, it seems to be wine which always makes girls slutty.
Reply 9
No, not at all unless they are downing vast quantities of it at once.

Lambrini is a slappers but not a sluts drink though, one I can think of from top of head in fact I cant think of any actual ones to be what you described unless drinking say a triple and downing it then getting another then flirting so its quantity and actions.
Reply 10
Never heard that before.
I drink vodka and I'm the biggest slut around.....
Reply 12
No, that's as daft as saying gin is an elderly woman's drink, etc. If you like it, you drink it. If you like it and you're a prude/sex worker drinking it, you're a prude/sex worker drinking vodka. Perhaps you should tell your boyfriend, if he really is saying this to you frequently, that perhaps you should go be a 'slut', if that's what he feels is suitable. P:

I hate vodka but only after a bit of a stupid/traumatic experience with it as a teen. I also think it's disgusting... But it's definitely the cheapest and most common drink in student venues, perhaps that's what has given your boyfriend the daft notion that it is for the recklessly promiscuous... if I were you I'd tell him to grow up a little next time he mentions it, and let you enjoy your drink.
Reply 13
No? If you enjoy it drink it :|
I've never heard that before and I mostly order Vodka and Orange. Maybe because it's easy to get drunk on Vodka for some people :tongue:
Reply 15
I guess I'm a slut then :wink: oi oi
Well it is something girls mostly drink (I don't see why, it's got no taste, it's just rocket fuel to me) and it gets them lairy so I can see why. But I've never actually heard it called that and since all young girls drink vodka it's no criticism really. Mind you, I must say, vodka and orange is very retro.
Never heard that, and either way who cares, drink what you want :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by awe
No, that's as daft as saying gin is an elderly woman's drink, etc. If you like it, you drink it. If you like it and you're a prude/sex worker drinking it, you're a prude/sex worker drinking vodka. Perhaps you should tell your boyfriend, if he really is saying this to you frequently, that perhaps you should go be a 'slut', if that's what he feels is suitable. P:

I hate vodka but only after a bit of a stupid/traumatic experience with it as a teen. I also think it's disgusting... But it's definitely the cheapest and most common drink in student venues, perhaps that's what has given your boyfriend the daft notion that it is for the recklessly promiscuous... if I were you I'd tell him to grow up a little next time he mentions it, and let you enjoy your drink.

That's what I used to tell him, about the gin! :tongue:
Luckily, we're not together anymore. Anyone up for a vodka? :giggle:
Reply 19
Surely it is dependent upon the dipsomaniac?

Quick Reply

Latest