The Student Room Group

studying EEE at city

Wondering what the quality of lecturing is like and whether the learning is interactive and how much help they offer you. I understand it is university and it is all about individual learning but it would be great to get an idea of the style. I have been on the websites and have visited but I want a realistic approach from current students. Basically I would rather go somewhere like City and get honors than go to UCL and get a second or pass. Any feedback would be great from prospective students in any london unis
If the course at city is accredited it's going to be more or less just as hard to get a 1st there as it were to get one at ucl.
Reply 2
Original post by Dr Alcoholic
If the course at city is accredited it's going to be more or less just as hard to get a 1st there as it were to get one at ucl.

at some institutions they don't give support to students when they should and all the lecturers will care about is their research and thus have no time for the students (i.e. one on one sessions) hence achieving it becomes far more difficult.

The attitude at some unis is like this and then you have those that really go out their way to help students no matter what.
Original post by a10
at some institutions they don't give support to students when they should and all the lecturers will care about is their research and thus have no time for the students (i.e. one on one sessions) hence achieving it becomes far more difficult.

The attitude at some unis is like this and then you have those that really go out their way to help students no matter what.

Sorry, yes you are quite right this does happen a lot. I was mean the actual course content will be just difficult, thus you should ideally go on student satisfaction.
You could check student reviews on whatuni.com for the course at City.

Quick Reply

Latest