The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by Isometrix
Torres has done better than Eto'o this season, yet Eto'o still plays ahead of Ba. So why aren't you criticising Eto'o? He's been poor this season. It's the clubs fault for the way we've handled our youth players not Torres..

Eto'o is gone at the end of this season regardless of the circumstances. Torres however isn't and will still be here next season from the looks of it. That's why I'm criticizing Torres and not Eto'o.

He's in the same situation though and I think he's shot as a player and of confidence. Eto'o we brought in for free as well, not 50m.
A win today will boost confidence and destroys City's big time.
Loved the Jose piece.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Eto'o is gone at the end of this season regardless of the circumstances. Torres however isn't and will still be here next season from the looks of it. That's why I'm criticizing Torres and not Eto'o.

He's in the same situation though and I think he's shot as a player and of confidence. Eto'o we brought in for free as well, not 50m.

True, but that's not really the point you were alluring to. I was saying why Eto'o is exempt from criticism when he has played the most matches out of the three this season despite not being our best striker. Is that not a "parasitic" trait too?

Ideally all three of these guys should go in the summer. We recall Lukaku and look for someone else.
Reply 1984
Original post by Isometrix
True, but that's not really the point you were alluring to. I was saying why Eto'o is exempt from criticism when he has played the most matches out of the three this season despite not being our best striker. Is that not a "parasitic" trait too?

Ideally all three of these guys should go in the summer. We recall Lukaku and look for someone else.

Parasitic trait, however he's here for one season. It was a gamble, but a free gamble for one season that hasn't payed off. Torres was a 50 million gamble that has affected us for three years and still hasn't payed off. That's why Eto'o is exempt from criticism.

I'd rather keep Ba. Even if we look for somebody else and recall Lukaku, we would only have 2 strikers to rely on for the whole season, one would be good but not certain to score loads in Lukaku while the other would be an unknown unless we sign Messi or a Cavani.
Hazard will score 3 and Eto' another 3.
Pellegrini: "No lessons learned from 12 days ago" Very good!!
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Parasitic trait, however he's here for one season. It was a gamble, but a free gamble for one season that hasn't payed off. Torres was a 50 million gamble that has affected us for three years and still hasn't payed off. That's why Eto'o is exempt from criticism.

I'd rather keep Ba. Even if we look for somebody else and recall Lukaku, we would only have 2 strikers to rely on for the whole season, one would be good but not certain to score loads in Lukaku while the other would be an unknown unless we sign Messi or a Cavani.

We don't know if he's going. Mou has said that he might stay with us or go to Mallorca, but they'll know at the end of the season. His situation isn't like Lampard's or Cole's. He hasn't ruled out that he's staying though.

Like you said, Ba needs a consistent run to find form. If we kept him he's only going to be making odd appearances like he's done so far. It's in his interest to leave.
Original post by little_tom
Ba isn't "sexy" enough for Mourinho

But I'm guessing his physically imposing form and skin colour are definitely sexy enough for you?
Reply 1989
Original post by TheInvincibles14
Nah don't agree with this. Oscar is more of a 'mourinho' type player, works hard going forward and tracking back while Mata just doesn't put in enough of a shift defensively. I feel he was let go off too early because he could have adapted his game but then again I'm not sure if he has enough stamina to fulfil this role, he's a bit like Ozil in this way. I do think it was the right decision selling Mata though, especially since you got £37m for him.

Mata didn't have time on his hands unfortunately. If it wasn't a world cup year I feel that he wouldn't have asked to leave and would have worked on his limitations instead. He was already starting to do some tracking back and initiating counter attacks.
http://theweststandobserver.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/pressing-2.gif?w=551
Reply 1990
Could we be anymore flat and uninspired?? That goal was coming
Wonderful, wonderful goal.
Reply 1992
Teams are going to learn to just drop deep against us.

We've been poor, but City have decided to play a deeper line which has made it harder for us to break.

Lets see how we do though.
Azpilicueta shouldn't have come in so much, opened up the gap for Jovetic to run through.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Eh, don't want to get knocked out of this tournament. If City win and they go onto win the league then the win vs them the other week would've been for nothing. Think this is our best shot at winning something.
Reply 1995
Not even Yaya Touré himself can take the ball cleanly off Mikel :adore:
Reply 1996
Also, they have had a rest, while we've used the same team from midweek. Jovetic has been running rings around us.
Reply 1997
Seriously don't get why Mourinho rates Eto'o so much. Really think the other two strikers have so much more to offer....Willian showing his crappiness in the final third again
Maybe Willian can play as a CM?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Love how every time this season Mourinho has played his "mind games", chelsea have gone on to underperform (WHU, WBA, now).

Haha.

Latest