The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by little_tom
who cares if they're English? They're not arsenal so **** them

Oh, how eloquently put...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ReturnoftheG
who wants to run a sweepstake on who'll be the next person to complain of the atletico/athletico mispellings everywhere

my money is on Tom murdering Luke for it

I won't stop :dunce:

Seriously though, I go to write atletico, and my fingers involuntarily type athletico.
And on my phone, I've spelled it the wrong way so many times that autocorrect always changes it to athletico...

Actually gutted about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
I think that's because you actually need to win a semi final tie to go to the final :wink:

I don't think you'll have problems against athletico.
They were woeful at their ground last week, and with you bring at the bridge, I only see an annoying, inevitable outcome...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow really? So you're saying we're actually have to get to the final first? Had no ****ing clue LOL

not srs. Since when are hypothetical scenarios bad?

btw Better edit that comment mate or else tommy will get mad!!!

EDIT: Gandalf above^^
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by The Assassin
Wow really? So you're saying we're actually have to get to the final first? Had no ****ing clue!

btw Better edit that comment mate or else tommy will get mad!!!

EDIT: Gandalf above^^

The more you know :biggrin:

If it annoys tommy boy, I'm keeping it that way.
It's as close to trolling as you'll get from me - depressing, I know...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh, how eloquently put...

Posted from TSR Mobile

who gives a **** about eloquence, its ****ing TSR
who gives a **** about eloquence, its ****ing TSR

Obviously you don't. :dunce:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheInvincibles14
You lot are quite complacent no? Talking about the final and you haven't even made it past the team that will finish above Real in La Liga this season

Also talking about playing Terry in midfield and Cahill up front, bricking it already for these games. You lot shouldn't be this far in the competition, you already have no Matic but that shouldn't be a problem against Atletico. If Luiz picks up a yellow your ****ed, you need a DM on the pitch against Real, preferably two. Would have to play a midfield three of Mikel/Lampard/Luiz in the final with Hazard or Ramires/Wilian on the wings. Real are on another level though currently so it wouldn't be that embarrassing if you do end up getting hammered.

We are at home and in the Champions League over the past 10 years, except say the past 3 seasons, we have always been part of the top few teams that even the very best wouldn't have wanted to face.

In Europe,I'd say between around 05-08 we were probably top 3 and up until 2010, probably top 4/5. We've always been a threat and we're always the team that everybody hoped to avoid because of our solid defence and Drogba (when we had him).

We're used to playing at the top level and producing results, especially at home.

Atletico Madrid are going to be very tough, but we've come across obstacles just as big over the years, and I'm confident we have what it takes to do what we need to do, especially because we're at home.

We're all aware of what Atletico can offer going forward, but because of our consistency in the competition and the fact that it's a big night at Stamford Bridge, the onus is on us to produce the goods.

It's not complacency, it's more of an expectancy without sounding too arrogant.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if we got knocked out, but it's on us to put on a big performance
Obviously you don't. :dunce:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok? guess everyone on this sub-forum better step the **** up and start writing like Shakespeare since its obviously not eloquent enough for Luke McKeown the forgotten romantic

not sure why everyone thinks we have an obligation to support the last English team in Europe
We'll see what happens tomorrow.
Personally I don't care who wins.

Chelsea probably will, then real will have fun in the final unless Chelsea actually go out and attack.

However a derby match in the CL final would be immense.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh I can tell this thread is going to go to **** until everybody goes bed.
ok? guess everyone on this sub-forum better step the **** up and start writing like Shakespeare since its obviously not eloquent enough for Luke McKeown the forgotten romantic

not sure why everyone thinks we have an obligation to support the last English team in Europe

"Forgotten romantic"
I like it :wink:

Nah man I'm just winging you up; you can speak as you wish, but maybe time down the swearing, you know, for the kids.

I wasn't disagreeing to be honest - I damn sure don't wanna root for one of my rival clubs after mine gets knocked out of a tournament.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam277
Oh I can tell this thread is going to go to **** until everybody goes bed.

Inhospitable as ever.
Original post by Solemn Rain
Inhospitable as ever.

Explained already in another thread, had 2 hours of sleep in almost 2 days.

Insomnia is a bitch.
Original post by Solemn Rain
Inhospitable as ever.

Stepping it up are we?
Trying to impress me with your 5 syllable word? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should be grateful you utter dingus

Had it not been for chelsea or Manchester United, then wenger's favourite trophy wouldn't be wenger's favourite trophy.

Meanwhile, when was the time you knobs were relevant in the CL anyways? Oh yeah 2006 r0fl
Reply 7995
Original post by Dogwithwings

Had it not been for chelsea or Manchester United, then wenger's favourite trophy wouldn't be wenger's favourite trophy.

Meanwhile, when was the time you knobs were relevant in the CL anyways? Oh yeah 2006 r0fl

Nah not really.

You're wrong. Please call back and try again later.
Original post by 419
Nah not really.

You're wrong. Please call back and try again later.

Should've left him on hold.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam277
Explained already in another thread, had 2 hours of sleep in almost 2 days.

Insomnia is a bitch.

It's ok:smile: Best of luck in your recovery:yy:

Looks like what you were most worried about has kicked off....

Stepping it up are we?
Trying to impress me with your 5 syllable word? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lol: I'm no shakespeaere..,
Original post by Dogwithwings

grateful for what? are you one of those blokes that have miraculously made it to the internet despite toddler-like reading capabilities???

that's great. you should have been the poster boy for Nike's "impossible is nothing" marketing campaign
I lvoe TSR beef

Latest