The Student Room Group

joint honours leeds uni

I'm thinking of studying joint honors history- geography at Leeds uni and I'm wondering how well these subjects go together (in a degree) and about the workload. Has anyone here done a history-geography degree (anywhere?) or thinking about it?:confused:
Joint subject degrees just mean that for each term you do one taught unit in each subject rather than two in one subject. It doesnt involve extra work except you will need to carry around two different methodologies in your head.

Any career plans?
Reply 2
I'm not sure. I'm interested in both history and geography and its difficult to choose between them.
That's fine - you don't need to have, and studying these two subjects because you enjoy them is the best reason of all to do them.

They go together in that they are both Humanities/Social Science and you will probably be able to pick complimentary courses from each that support each other. It isnt a 'weird combination' (ie. Dance and Law) and employers will be just as interested in you as someone with a single subject degree.
Reply 4
Original post by Ral888
I'm thinking of studying joint honors history- geography at Leeds uni and I'm wondering how well these subjects go together (in a degree) and about the workload. Has anyone here done a history-geography degree (anywhere?) or thinking about it?:confused:

I'm in the exact same boat. I think I want to do the same course at Leeds but i haven't found much info at all. Have you found anything useful/ any other courses. I think Exeter do history and geography. I don't know weather to apply for some straight geography courses as well

Quick Reply

Latest