The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Good win by Murray today - he's now in the driving seat for those last couple of places in the World Tour Finals. If Nadal doesn't play, they'll need him to help fill up seats at the O2

Berdych beats Dimitrov, boosting his own hopes for London and probably ending Grigor's.

Should be a good week coming up in Basel as well. Fed's draw resembles a Grand Slam draw though - Muller, Istomin/Janowicz, Dimitrov, Wawrinka, Nadal. Having said that, I'm not convinced that Nadal will be the one waiting in the final.
Wawrinka loses another 1st round match. What a mug. This is the very same guy who beat Novak, Rafa and Roger to win two of the biggest titles of his career and now he is losing to nobodies. If I was Federer, I wouldn't skip Paris Bercy and would prioritise on getting the year end number 1 as this guy Stan is costing Switzerland the Davis Cup.
Congrats to Nole on the safe birth of his son! Just Rafa and Andy to go now! 😀
Congrats to Nole and his wife for the birth of their boy.
Congrats Novak!

Posted from TSR Mobile
2014 Wimbledon Final: Novak Djokovic vs Roger Federer

2029 Wimbledon Final: Stefan Djokovic vs Leo Federer :tongue:
Did anyone catch this result on the WTA tour? Halep beat Serena 6-0, 6-2 at the year end finals apparently!
Original post by Krish4791
Did anyone catch this result on the WTA tour? Halep beat Serena 6-0, 6-2 at the year end finals apparently!

Yes. Quite embarrassing for Serena!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krish4791

Serena will obviously come up with her usual excuses but Halep played great and deserved the win.
Lol at Nole naming his kid Stefan. I suspect Boris Becker won't be so happy. :tongue:
Original post by Badshah
Lol at Nole naming his kid Stefan. I suspect Boris Becker won't be so happy. :tongue:

But imagine Boris Djokovic... I think Stefan's a better shout :biggrin:
Man Eugenie Bouchard was thrashed. Think she was injured :sad:
Great result for tennis whenever Bouchard loses.
(edited 9 years ago)
Goffin knocks out my boy raonic

Posted from TSR Mobile
17-Year Old Coric stuns Nadal to make Basel Semis. This kid has actually been playing some very solid tennis of late, and given Nadal's current form I'm not overly surprised by this result. Great win for the youngster, really hope he makes the final now!
Nadal out for the rest of the season. Looks like both Ferrer and Murray will now make in to WTF.

My boy Federer cruising against Dimi in the 2nd set after winning a tight 1st set. Roger is well on his way to winning his 5th title (number of titles he targeted at the beginning of 2014) of the season.
Fed beats Dimitrov - faces Dr Ivo next. That could be a test on fast-ish, indoor hard courts.
Yes Andy! Murray beats Ferrer in straight sets in Valencia, could move up to 5th in the Race if he wins the title. He's coming back.

Meanwhile, what has Karlovic eaten today? 2nd set - 13 aces out of 23 serve points, 5 aces in a row! Even Fed doesn't have a clue at the moment.
Such a pain in the ass watching your favourite against a big server who is serving out of his mind. Thankfully Federer's class and experience showed in the end. I thought the upset was on the card after the 2nd set. Goffin next for Fed. Should be another tough match but Fed should win it in 2.

Over in Valencia, my man Ferrer lost again to Murray. Thankfully due to Nadal's withdrawal, he should make it to WTF.
Glory to the great one. Still a chance he'll finish world number 1.

Quick Reply

Latest