The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Brown is playing fantastically.

I want Nadal to come through, somehow though.
Original post by RD208
He's just too vulnerable on serve these days. Every time he steps up to serve I'm never confident he can hold it together.

On the other hand, Dustin Brown just hit a 127mph SECOND serve.

Posted from TSR Mobile

In the past Nadal was indisputably the best at playing the big points, now he's at his most vulnerable then and relying on his opponents missing more than taking the initiative with his FH. It's a sad sight, I hope he can get his game together sooner rather than later
Absolutely amazing match between Brown and Nadal. I hope Brown can come through and win it!

Looks like a decent guy, and I would love to have a similar playing style to him.
I have a good idea of what Dustin Brown's locker-room smells like.
Nadal about to lose to a player outside of top 100 for a 4th consecutive Wimbledon.
Nadal is finished.
Brown!!!!!
Well played Brown! Hopefully he can replicate this performance for the next match.
What did I predict at the beginning of the tournament? I said Nadal has no chance of winning Wimbledon. And I've just been proved right! :awesome:
People going nuts over Brown. He played well, but it's more Nadal is just bad on grass. He would be out in straight sets playing anyone else in the top 10.
Original post by The_K1NG
Nadal about to lose to a player outside of top 100 for a 4th consecutive Wimbledon.

First qualifier though, apparently.
Nadal is so bad these days. I never thought his decline would come so soon. I feel so bad for him.
I'd love to see a Murray-Brown QF, probably be more competitive than Murray-Nadal would've been, Murray would bagel Nadal if he played like that
Very clear pattern for Nadal at Wimbledon. Since 2011, he's been knocked out all 4 times, all by players ranked outside the top 100, and the matches have all finished with him being aced.
Original post by snowman77
Nadal is far the better player than Federer, as can be seen from the head to head record between the two players. Nadal has basically crushed Federer in all their matches from 2008 onwards. Although both of them are no longer at their peak and will never return to their peak form ever again, Nadal still has a comfortable edge over Federer on all surfaces.
As for who will win Wimbledon, I very much doubt Nadal will. He's way past his best. Federer's days of winning Grand Slams are over. Djokovic is clearly the most likely to win Wimbledon, with Murray far behind him in 2nd.

Djokovic who has never beaten Murray on grass?
Original post by Hodor1
Well played Brown! Hopefully he can replicate this performance for the next match.

He'll be out in straight sets. Put money on it.
If Federer and Nadal meet 13 more times, Federer can actually level the H2H. Yes, that's how bad Nadal is these days.
Poor Nadal. If he does not win the US Open then to the same age at years end i think he'll be 3 behind Federer. A further rankings drop too.

Of those i'm following..

Fed
Nadal
Murray
Djokovic
Tomic
Kyrigos
Nikishori
Raonic
Warwinka
Dimitrov

Nikishori and Nadal are now out.

Good matches start tomorrow as we have Raonic vs Kyrigos and Tomic vs Djokovic.
If Federer and Nadal meet 13 more times, Federer can actually level the H2H. Yes, that's how bad Nadal is these days.
Nadal is so bad these days, that if he doesn't win the US Open, it will be the first year since 2004 that he hasn't won a grand slam. He could potentially not even reach the semi finals of any of the grand slams this year. It's quite extraordinary.

Not surprising (especially given Federer's form today, which was his best this year so far) - Nadal needs to be at 95-100% to beat the other Big 3/4, we've just been used to seeing him at that level for so long.

Quick Reply

Latest