The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Federerr
Novak Djokovic will miss the rest of 2017 season with elbow injury.

tbh anything but a Federer vs Nadal US final will be too boring to watch ffs. This season bar Aus Open has been shite.

Totally agree. Really hoping it'll be Fed-Nad final.

Looking forward to Montreal next week, hopefully it'll be good.
Incredibly it looks like Federer will be world number 1 in just over a week.

With Nadal out and Federer holding a 20-1 record over all potential opponents it seems highly likely that Federer will win the Montral Masters and be just 10 points behind Nadal. If he simply goes a round further, he becomes world number 1 at the age of 36.

GOAT
Original post by Rakas21
Incredibly it looks like Federer will be world number 1 in just over a week.

With Nadal out and Federer holding a 20-1 record over all potential opponents it seems highly likely that Federer will win the Montral Masters and be just 10 points behind Nadal. If he simply goes a round further, he becomes world number 1 at the age of 36.

GOAT

Nadal has 3R points to defend at Cinncy too so Fed will only need to match his result even, assuming he wins Montreal. Considering Fed is 7 time champion and Nadal has never won it, signs look good (assuming they both play Cinncy). Beyond ridiculous this guy!
[video]https://youtu.be/B3YyBCDImHI?t=166[/video]
Federer is something else, hes goat. Coming from a diehard rafan.
Ffs I'm so annoyed.

Rafa and Roger are in the same half of the draws for US OPEN...

Meaning they can only meet in the Semis.

No Fedal final we anticipated :/
Ffs I'm so annoyed.

Thought the same- but thinking positively - at least there's more chance they'll actually meet this way
Ffs I'm so annoyed.

Who are they seeding second?
Original post by Rakas21
Who are they seeding second?

Murray....I didn't even know he'd confirmed he was playing, he must have.
Del Potro beats Federer.
It's Del Potro vs Nadal for the US Open final, playing a servebot or fodder.

Golly, it's like 2009 all over again.
Nadals to lose now.
Original post by Rakas21
Del Potro beats Federer.
It's Del Potro vs Nadal for the US Open final, playing a servebot or fodder.

Golly, it's like 2009 all over again.

they're playing in the semi finals
Nadal beats Del Potro and practically wins the US OPEN. Only a warm up left.

it was a good year. Feds and Rafa getting 2 slams a piece. Would have never imagined that in a million years.
US Open pretty poor this year! But I wasn't expecting much due to the list of players withdrawing...

Happy Sloane Stephens won the Women's, think the Women's tournament was better this year (Same with wimbledon too)!
Lacklustre women's final over in an hour. Nearly 3 million dollars to the winner...I'm sure this will reignite the debate on equal pay.
the amount of fed fans supporting kevin is gonna be too damn high xD
Nadal beats Del Potro and practically wins the US OPEN. Only a warm up left.

it was a good year. Feds and Rafa getting 2 slams a piece. Would have never imagined that in a million years.

Yeah it's great to see the two still at the absolute top of the sport. When really you'd expect Murray and Djokovic to have more or less taken over by now. Would love to see another Fed-Nadal slam final.
if nadal wins AO and french open next year GOAT debate is over nadal is the winner
Original post by DaKoolguy
if nadal wins AO and french open next year GOAT debate is over nadal is the winner

LOOOOOL no 😭😂😂. French is the only thing the guy can win. i'd say if he win 2 other than French and also takes over Federers career slams..
LOOOOOL no 😭😂😂. French is the only thing the guy can win. i'd say if he win 2 other than French and also takes over Federers career slams..

of course as a fed fan this is the response i was expecting...

Quick Reply

Latest