The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Looks like that Nadal has recovered his injury at the French Open very well, otherwise he wouldn't play in Wimbledon now. Djokovic for the win is my bet!
Why are so many professional female tennis players not in top shape?

There are so many chubby players and skinny players without muscle.

When you look at the mens side, pretty much everyone looks like a professional athlete. Although there was one British player who looked like he had moobs, which is just ridiculous for a professional athlete.
Jule Niemeier is the first German tennis player who came into the round of last 16. I am curious whether the other German women enter this round too - or at least one of them.
Call me crazy, but I have this horrible feeling that Alcaraz is going to play the match of his career to take out Djokovic in the QFs and then completely **** the bed in the final against Nadal. I hope I'm wrong.
Kerber is out of the competition, but Niemeier and Maria are in the round of last 16. That is great. If they go into the quarter final it would be a great success.
Didn't realise this was a thing, posting to subscribe!
Why was Tsitsipas not defaulted for hitting a ball into the crowd (nearly striking a spectator)?
Who takes precedence during serving in tennis?

Can the serve be taken even if the returner is arsing about?

I was watching Kyrgios and the speed at which he takes his serve is incredible compared to other players. You normally see the server waiting whilst the returner goes through their repertoire of hair pushing, arse picking and cap wiggling and you just didn’t see Nakashima having a chance to get away with any of it.
Djokovic won, I expected it. But I he had a tough fight in the final, that is what I the media let me know.
Serena Williams finally retired. 25 years is a long and a successful career. She was, is and will be the best female tennis player in the future.
Original post by Kallisto
Serena Williams finally retired. 25 years is a long and a successful career. She was, is and will be the best female tennis player in the future.

I'd argue she's perhaps the most dominant sportsperson in an individual sport in my lifetime.

I went to bed after the second set last night, expecting Serena to win. Though the crowd were really annoying me and I'm quite happy Tomljanovic won! :lol:
Original post by Saracen's Fez
I'd argue she's perhaps the most dominant sportsperson in an individual sport in my lifetime.

I went to bed after the second set last night, expecting Serena to win. Though the crowd were really annoying me and I'm quite happy Tomljanovic won! :lol:

I heard of the enthusiastic spectators around the match that supported Williams by calling her name. Bit unfair for the opponent, but that is usual in the business.
Original post by Kallisto
I heard of the enthusiastic spectators around the match that supported Williams by calling her name. Bit unfair for the opponent, but that is usual in the business.

What annoyed me most was the way they introduced Serena with a video and even calling her 'the greatest of all time' in the introduction.

That may well be true, but it felt a bit unfair to Ajla. I feel like the tournament organiser should be more neutral on these things.
Original post by Saracen's Fez
What annoyed me most was the way they introduced Serena with a video and even calling her 'the greatest of all time' in the introduction.

That may well be true, but it felt a bit unfair to Ajla. I feel like the tournament organiser should be more neutral on these things.

True words you have spoken. But it is the US Open and Williams THE American idol in tennis in presence and the American - the organiser included - are proud of her. The typical american (toxic) patriotism. From this perspective Ajla did a good job for keeping the nerves.
It looks like we have further evidence that we are now in the 00-03 power vacuum.

Sinner won the Australian Open.
Original post by Rakas21
It looks like we have further evidence that we are now in the 00-03 power vacuum.

Sinner won the Australian Open.

A big surprise, no one has expected a victory by Sinner. It is a real pity that Zverev was eliminated in the semi-final.

Quick Reply

Latest