The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LakAnne
so when is the US open. it usually happens in October right?

Starts on the 25th if August and finishes two weeks later in September
Original post by lizzy95
Starts on the 25th if August and finishes two weeks later in September

much closer than I thought, wooo!
Reply 1882
Gutted that Genie lost to another upcomer on the tour Rogers, but she didn't look right out there. Kyrgios vs Murray later today should be good for me as a Murray fan... I going 6-3 and 6-4 to Andy.
If they both play well This Kyrgios Murray match could become quite fun to watch as Murray's return of serve would partially neutralize Kyrgios's serve allowing for some entertaining rallies. I expect Murray will be rusty so this could either be a shock exit in 2 for him or a 3 set grind. Needs to reach at leas the semis here if he wants to get a top 8 seeding for US open, and he needs that top 8 seeding for any reasonable chance of winning the US open...

It seems Federer has out the Wimbledon disappointment firmly behind him which is good to see
Kyrgios is not quite there yet to challenge the big guys. He was able to beat Nadal because he's vulnerable on grass but overall I think he's got quite a long way to go before the Big 4 can be worried about him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Skkc16
Kyrgios is not quite there yet to challenge the big guys. He was able to beat Nadal because he's vulnerable on grass but overall I think he's got quite a long way to go before the Big 4 can be worried about him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agree, remember the Tomic hype.
Reply 1886
Great serving performance from Andy, 96% and 62% of points won on both first and second serves! That has filled me with hope going into New York, but Kyrgios looked out of sorts so I won't get too impressed yet.
Federer was hitting his forehands so hard yesterday. It was a joy to watch.
Reply 1888
Monfils so close to getting the better of Nole tonight! Would have been wonderful if he had, for the sake of variety...
Anderson just won against Wawrinka right now. Although would not class this as an upset given how patchy Wawrinka was against Paire and how his season has unfolded post AO plus IW victory. Anderson served and played generally wonderfully but Wawrinka played a really bad match-playing horribly at crucial points..Although Anderson's dwfensive abilities, showcased by some wonderful retrievals of Stan's BHs were quite fun to watch as well as his traditional ultra aggressive style.
As for Djokovic against Tsonga, if Djokovic continues with the numerous BH errors that could give Tsonga the momentum sparker to enter his increasingly rare purple patch and cause an upset. Although given Djokovic's pattern of playing quite well after a scrappy win I think he might just ease through in 2 sets.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tsonga takes out Nole. His first win over him since 2010 australian open. Federer if he plays to his true potential has to be the favourite now.

Really disappointed that Gasquet mugged out against Murray. I was hoping to see that match. It would have been a close affair.
Potential for Raonic vs Federer and Dimitrov vs Murray in the semi's..
Original post by Rakas21
Potential for Raonic vs Federer and Dimitrov vs Murray in the semi's..

Oooooooh oooh Wimbledon rematch for Murray and Dimitrov

EDIT// and for fed vs raonic ooooh oooh

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by WriterOfWrongs
Oooooooh oooh Wimbledon rematch for Murray and Dimitrov

Posted from TSR Mobile

Both of them are the Wimbledon semis...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TH3-FL45H

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yeah haha

Ooooh well, deja vu eh?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wimbledon quarters?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Looks like Novak tanked to focus on the Cinci-USO double...
Original post by WriterOfWrongs
Wimbledon quarters?

Posted from TSR Mobile

One quarter, one semi iirc

Posted from TSR Mobile
One quarter, one semi iirc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah right, I was like, where's Djokovic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
C'mon Ferrer. I wanna see you vs my man Federer.

Quick Reply

Latest