The Student Room Group

Does SFE fund intercalated years?

My university has just put on their website that Student Finance England do not fund intercalated years anymore. Is this actually true?
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
it does as far as I am aware, I am applying to intercalate next year and my university has been saying it works like a normal year for student finance.
Reply 3
Original post by Insanity514
My university has just put on their website that Student Finance England do not fund intercalated years anymore. Is this actually true?

It depends which year you intercalate after, but assuming that you've not resit any year (i.e. your medical course is 5 years long) then you'll get funding from somewhere for your intercalation. If it's after 1st, 2nd or 3rd year it will be student finance, if it's after your 4th year it will be the NHS. You won't receive your full student loan for your entire (now) 6-year degree though, in the final 2 years it will be reduced (as it's from the NHS and the NHS is mean).
Reply 4
Pretty certain that's not true. It would completely destroy the 6 year courses, and would be such a major change everywhete else that I'm sure we would have heard.
Reply 5
Original post by lucaf
it does as far as I am aware, I am applying to intercalate next year and my university has been saying it works like a normal year for student finance.

Original post by Beska
It depends which year you intercalate after, but assuming that you've not resit any year (i.e. your medical course is 5 years long) then you'll get funding from somewhere for your intercalation. If it's after 1st, 2nd or 3rd year it will be student finance, if it's after your 4th year it will be the NHS. You won't receive your full student loan for your entire (now) 6-year degree though, in the final 2 years it will be reduced (as it's from the NHS and the NHS is mean).

Original post by nexttime
Pretty certain that's not true. It would completely destroy the 6 year courses, and would be such a major change everywhete else that I'm sure we would have heard.

Okay thanks, don't know what my university's playing at.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending