The Student Room Group

Sfe - evidence of suspension and years left

Hello

I attended uni full time for one year but dropped out (2017/2018)*.

I would like to attend a 4 year part time course and plan to apply next year.

How many years of funding can I get? Does sfe cover all costs for this? Without stating the personal reasons as to why I dropped out.

From what I have gathered, sfe supplies loans for the normal amount of years of a specific course - regardless of the amount of years - and an extra year. Is this correct?

*I dropped out because of a hidden disability and mental health conditions. Can my diagnosis constitute as sufficient evidence?

Can a therapist give a letter explaining everything be valid evidence?

I am aware that on the government website it is written that a drs letter is needed but I wanted to know if someone didn't give this and how it went for them.

Essentially, I would like to know what constitutes as evidence as mine may be limited and how many years sfe can support me.

I have emailed sfe but I would like to know peoples experience if possible please.

Thank you.
Original post by oddpotato
Hello

I attended uni full time for one year but dropped out (2017/2018)*.

I would like to attend a 4 year part time course and plan to apply next year.

How many years of funding can I get? Does sfe cover all costs for this? Without stating the personal reasons as to why I dropped out.

From what I have gathered, sfe supplies loans for the normal amount of years of a specific course - regardless of the amount of years - and an extra year. Is this correct?

*I dropped out because of a hidden disability and mental health conditions. Can my diagnosis constitute as sufficient evidence?

Can a therapist give a letter explaining everything be valid evidence?

I am aware that on the government website it is written that a drs letter is needed but I wanted to know if someone didn't give this and how it went for them.

Essentially, I would like to know what constitutes as evidence as mine may be limited and how many years sfe can support me.

I have emailed sfe but I would like to know peoples experience if possible please.

Thank you.

Hi there,

If you've only studied 1 year in the past or less since leaving further education then you'd be funded for all years of your new course. Also if the course is part time your previous study is not looked at (if you have no qualification). Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

If you've only studied 1 year in the past or less since leaving further education then you'd be funded for all years of your new course. Also if the course is part time your previous study is not looked at (if you have no qualification). Thanks, Jason

Thank you for your response. What would be considered a qualification?

Hi Oddpotato,

It would be if you gained an HNC/HND/Degree/hons etc.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

Hello. If my previous study is not looked at and I start the part time course and fail one year, does this mean student finance would still pay for all of tuition fees?
(edited 2 months ago)

Hi there,

A qualification would be if you received an undergraduate degree.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending