The Student Room Group

Higher maintenance loan for year 5/6 MBBS

I'm an undergraduate studying medicine (MBBS) in London who's intercalating this year. This September will be my 5th year on the course so I'm eligible for the NHS bursary but the maximum I will get is £1000 non-means tested + £3100 means-tested. SFE have also capped me at the lower maintenance loan so they will give me only £3600.

Thus the maximum maintenance I can receive is £7700 for next year but my rent alone in London is £7600 per year. This does not include food, bills, leisure etc. so I was wondering if we are allowed to apply for the higher maintenance loan, and if not what other funding sources there are as I have been fully reliant on the higher maintenance loan from SFE for all my years at university.
Original post by theap123
I'm an undergraduate studying medicine (MBBS) in London who's intercalating this year. This September will be my 5th year on the course so I'm eligible for the NHS bursary but the maximum I will get is £1000 non-means tested + £3100 means-tested. SFE have also capped me at the lower maintenance loan so they will give me only £3600.

Thus the maximum maintenance I can receive is £7700 for next year but my rent alone in London is £7600 per year. This does not include food, bills, leisure etc. so I was wondering if we are allowed to apply for the higher maintenance loan, and if not what other funding sources there are as I have been fully reliant on the higher maintenance loan from SFE for all my years at university.

Hi there, I would advise to contact us via Live Chat on your account and the team can look into the funding you have been awarded and what you applied for on your application. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending