The Student Room Group

Can someone explain to me "jokes"

I don't understand "jokes"... I understand jokes, jokes have punchlines which make them funny.

But... I don't understand "jokes". Like people telling me that something is a "joke" But where is the punchline?! I don't get them at all, I don't laugh at them, as I can't see what's funny about them.
Reply 1
''a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline.''
Doesn't have to have a punchline.
Reply 2
You just don't have a sense of humour.
Reply 3
No no no no. Just stop. First it was the asexual thing. Now this?? You're not a robot. Just stop with these threads.
Nothing to see here, move along...
People don't even know why they laugh at jokes. Ask someone why they are laughing at a joke and 99% of them will say because it's funny. Then ask them why they find it funny and they will normally say that they don't know.
Original post by geoking
No no no no. Just stop. First it was the asexual thing. Now this?? You're not a robot. Just stop with these threads.

I'm not a robot, I know that. I've noticed that I don't understand "jokes" becuase to me a joke must always have a punchline.
Reply 7
Original post by MylittlePlusle
I'm not a robot, I know that. I've noticed that I don't understand "jokes" becuase to me a joke must always have a punchline.

computer-says-no.gif

**BZZT** Your reply does not compute. Must ask for it in binary. **BZZT*
Court jester

Quick Reply

Latest