The Student Room Group

will i get marked down for misinterpreting a quote?

basically right i did my english lit mock today (nothing that important but i’d still like to know) and i completely messed up because i thought that the quote i used from the extract was when macbeth was speaking to banquo but he was actually talking to someone else. in my defence the quote i used was the first line of the extract so i didn’t really have any context to who he was speaking to. does this mean i’ve utterly tanked my mark or not?
Reply 1
Not necessarily. I think your analysis of the quote and how well you've explained it and if you've explored relevant ideas are worth more marks than a slight error, you might only lose a few but I'm not entirely sure, check your exam board's mark scheme or ask a teacher if you can.
Reply 2
Original post by hanni_nj
Not necessarily. I think your analysis of the quote and how well you've explained it and if you've explored relevant ideas are worth more marks than a slight error, you might only lose a few but I'm not entirely sure, check your exam board's mark scheme or ask a teacher if you can.

thank you for replying! i’ll check the mark scheme but that makes me feel better :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending