The Student Room Group

Access 2 Leeds Programme ?

Basically... I got Cs and Bs at GCSE in all the right subjects which are the grades I need for me to be able to do Social Work.

The only issue was my parents pressured me into re-doing my GCSEs to get higher grades and to be honest it's messed up everything.

I could either do A-leves for the first time in september ... and I'd be a year behind everyone which upsets me.

I'm 17 right now and I am 18 in september is the Access to Leeds course a good idea.

What is it like?
Do you fit in ?
The work load?
Social aspect ?
Accomodation considering I live in London . .

Thank You

;( ....
Reply 1
Original post by ezjjj
Basically... I got Cs and Bs at GCSE in all the right subjects which are the grades I need for me to be able to do Social Work.

The only issue was my parents pressured me into re-doing my GCSEs to get higher grades and to be honest it's messed up everything.

I could either do A-leves for the first time in september ... and I'd be a year behind everyone which upsets me.

I'm 17 right now and I am 18 in september is the Access to Leeds course a good idea.

What is it like?
Do you fit in ?
The work load?
Social aspect ?
Accomodation considering I live in London . .

Thank You

;( ....

Access to Leeds is just a scheme which gives students who are already taking a qualification a lower offer. So you'd already need to do A-Levels to apply.
Reply 2
Original post by jelly1000
Access to Leeds is just a scheme which gives students who are already taking a qualification a lower offer. So you'd already need to do A-Levels to apply.

Oh wow it means the person didn't have a clue what they were taking about :/ thank you !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by ezjjj
Oh wow it means the person didn't have a clue what they were taking about :/ thank you !

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's possible they meant taking an access course, but you have to be 19 to do that.
Original post by ezjjj
x

jelly1000 is entirely correct - and it would seem that the person you were talking to was talking tosh. However, they were probably getting confused with an Access to HE Diploma http://www.accesstohe.ac.uk/Pages/Default.aspx which is a one year full time college course for mature students who are returning to education after several years away (this isn't you).

I'd suggest that you just go and start your A Levels TBH. You will only be one year older, which isn't actually that much in reality, but it will give you the best chance at getting into the unis you want to.
Reply 5
Original post by Origami Bullets
jelly1000 is entirely correct - and it would seem that the person you were talking to was talking tosh. However, they were probably getting confused with an Access to HE Diploma http://www.accesstohe.ac.uk/Pages/Default.aspx which is a one year full time college course for mature students who are returning to education after several years away (this isn't you).

I'd suggest that you just go and start your A Levels TBH. You will only be one year older, which isn't actually that much in reality, but it will give you the best chance at getting into the unis you want to.

I think so You know... Thank you ^-^:colondollar:
Reply 6
Original post by ezjjj
I think so You know... Thank you ^-^:colondollar:

Also remember plenty of people take a gap year before starting uni, I started at 19 because I had to retake my A2 exams to get into a good uni and I've found others who were also 19 or older when starting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending