The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds Digital Media

I've applied for 2 courses at the University of Leeds: 1. Business + Marketing (preferred) or 2. Digital Media

I don't think I'll get an offer for the marketing course as is AAA (I might be provided a reduced contextual offer but we'll see)

I wanted to know what the Digital Media course is like, or how easy it would be to swap from Digital Media to Business + Marketing

Marketing is the career I want, Leeds is probably my favourite choice and I need to know if it's better to do Digital Media there or go somewhere else such as York or Lancaster to do a straight up marketing degree
Reply 1
Original post by Iamjoshh
I've applied for 2 courses at the University of Leeds: 1. Business + Marketing (preferred) or 2. Digital Media

I don't think I'll get an offer for the marketing course as is AAA (I might be provided a reduced contextual offer but we'll see)

I wanted to know what the Digital Media course is like, or how easy it would be to swap from Digital Media to Business + Marketing

Marketing is the career I want, Leeds is probably my favourite choice and I need to know if it's better to do Digital Media there or go somewhere else such as York or Lancaster to do a straight up marketing degree

I don't know much about the marketing degree, but digital media will absolutely be able to get you a career in marketing if that's your future career, you'd just learn different skills that you wouldn't in the business school and vice versa.
Digital media looks closely at design, websites and the the interactions of people in online spaces. A majority of those on the course will go on to do digital marketing. It would be more creative than a marketing degree and won't focus as much on things such as economics.
A business degree and a communications degree is very different. Digital media will be more practical. You will have FREE access to the creative cloud for the whole of your degree, which gives you the chance to freelance in your spare time.

Again don't know much about marketing degrees, but digital media could be a very good option if you have your heart set on Leeds.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by B3((a
Original post by Iamjoshh

I don't know much about the marketing degree, but digital media will absolutely be able to get you a career in marketing if that's your future career, you'd just learn different skills that you wouldn't in the business school and vice versa.
Digital media looks closely at design, websites and the the interactions of people in online spaces. A majority of those on the course will go on to do digital marketing. It would be more creative than a marketing degree and won't focus as much on things such as economics.
A business degree and a communications degree is very different. Digital media will be more practical. You will have FREE access to the creative cloud for the whole of your degree, which gives you the chance to freelance in your spare time.

Again don't know much about marketing degrees, but digital media could be a very good option if you have your heart set on Leeds.

Thank you so much, I'd love to get back into freelance (I used to do some graphic design)
Found this reply very useful and appreciate it, I saw you also helped reply to my accom post earlier too about Monty B

Have had a lot going on trying to decide whether digital media would actually be for the best

Dyk if it's possible to transfer all of those softwares to my personal laptop too if I did take on digital media? Or would I have to be in the school
Reply 3
Yes you 100% can. Adobe works like an app, just download it to your computer and log into your account. Leeds pays for your account so you can access everything you need for your course (Photoshop, Illustrator etc) for the whole of your degree. That means as long as you study with them, no matter where you are, you have complete access to the cloud.
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest