Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle Accommodation 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Lauren1105
I have spoken to the accommodations office this afternoon to see if Ricky road is still going to be fully open and she said it wouldn't be getting demolished yet and should be fully used, so hopefully there'll be places there as it's a big site! Never thought I'd be desperate so stay in accommodation that replicates a prison!! :smile:

Oh dear, we must have some strange preferences to be wanting to live in a replica prison haha. But yeah, that's good news, everyone got the email saying accommodation applications are open on the 24th of March right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by KawaKawa
Oh dear, we must have some strange preferences to be wanting to live in a replica prison haha. But yeah, that's good news, everyone got the email saying accommodation applications are open on the 24th of March right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I got that, not sure how many places we have to put down on the application or how it works really though
Yeah I got that, not sure how many places we have to put down on the application or how it works really though

If it's like Northumbria's I think you pick about five places in order of preference.

Ricky Road and Marris House are my first and second choices like :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by Kieran-SAFC
If it's like Northumbria's I think you pick about five places in order of preference.

Ricky Road and Marris House are my first and second choices like :smile:

Oh that's not too bad, yeah think they'll be my first and second choice too :smile:
Reply 24
I applied last year and I'm re-applying this year also. If it's the same as last year you get six choices overall, three wash-basin/standard room choices in order of preference, and three en-suite room options in terms of preference. Hope this helps :smile:
Oh that's not too bad, yeah think they'll be my first and second choice too :smile:

I take it you're picking those because you want to get stuck right into the parties like me eh? :wink::biggrin:
Reply 26
Original post by Angoose
I applied last year and I'm re-applying this year also. If it's the same as last year you get six choices overall, three wash-basin/standard room choices in order of preference, and three en-suite room options in terms of preference. Hope this helps :smile:

Thanks for the extra details

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by Kieran-SAFC
I take it you're picking those because you want to get stuck right into the parties like me eh? :wink::biggrin:

Of course!! Could have stayed somewhere nice like the new accommodations but it just wouldn't be as fun
Of course!! Could have stayed somewhere nice like the new accommodations but it just wouldn't be as fun

Yeah same! I'd rather stay somewhere where it'll probably be better crack and I'd be saving a fair amount per week on the rent. Win win :smile:
Has anyone found out how much deposit you need to pay for accommodation?
Reply 30
I'm thinking about Castle Leazes since it's close to Business School.
Reply 31
Original post by JimMi
I'm thinking about Castle Leazes since it's close to Business School.

I went and looked at Leazes a few weeks ago, I thought it was going to be really good for social life etc but got put off it- it was pretty run down.

I saw Liberty Plaza + one of the show rooms at The View, both are en-suite and were really, really nice, they are literally next door to the business school! Quite pricey though!
Original post by Athlete95
I went and looked at Leazes a few weeks ago, I thought it was going to be really good for social life etc but got put off it- it was pretty run down.

I saw Liberty Plaza + one of the show rooms at The View, both are en-suite and were really, really nice, they are literally next door to the business school! Quite pricey though!

First year business management students aren't even in the business block so other than being well flash, Liberty Plaza offers no benefits and it's just wasting valuable beer and food money!
Reply 33
Original post by chrisdickinson_
First year business management students aren't even in the business block so other than being well flash, Liberty Plaza offers no benefits and it's just wasting valuable beer and food money!

i don't care about the prices, I just want to be close to my classes. So which is the best choice?
Reply 34
Original post by JimMi
i don't care about the prices, I just want to be close to my classes. So which is the best choice?

Yeah most business based subjects aren't actually taught in the business school for the first year so were not segregated, I'm doing marketing and mine are all on the main campus so you might find central link/liberty plaza isn't closest :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 35
So where is the best choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Original post by JimMi
So where is the best choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends on what you want really, if you're after a cheap option which is really social, then Ricky Road seems like a safe bet. But if you want a quieter more 'luxurious' place then the more expensive options such as Liberty Plaza and Castle Court sound about right. Just what I've heard :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
was just wondering what central link and victoria halls are like?:smile:
Reply 38
Original post by smithlaura23
was just wondering what central link and victoria halls are like?:smile:

I've heard they're really nice places to live, almost hotel like according to some! Plus, they both seem to be in good locations. Socially I don't think they're as well regarded as places like Ricky road and Castle Leazes, definitely on the quieter side of student accommodation. Of course that's not necessarily a bad thing, it's all up to personal preference at the end if the day! Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
I've made Newcastle my firm for Biomed!
I was at the open day this afternoon asking about accommodation, socially the answer was Ricky Road is the place to be. One of the guys made the point of saying he chose Windsor Terrace because its right next to Ricky Road, so you can party there then go back to the relative peace of Windsor (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending