The Student Room Group

newcastle uni accomodation/job

hi!

im a first gen uni goer and im not sure who else to ask these questions, so i thought here would be a good first try.

im hoping to get into newcastle on partners at BBB for the architecture course, im a.) hoping to get a job, and b.) hoping to get accommodation in 20m walk to the building.

anyone doing an architecture degree, is it a possibility to balance a job and a degree?

and is it at all possible just to live off the money maintenance loans provide youre given if i move out? id also be eligible for any low income or carers grants etc at newcastle.
Original post by diaeve
hi!

im a first gen uni goer and im not sure who else to ask these questions, so i thought here would be a good first try.

im hoping to get into newcastle on partners at BBB for the architecture course, im a.) hoping to get a job, and b.) hoping to get accommodation in 20m walk to the building.

anyone doing an architecture degree, is it a possibility to balance a job and a degree?

and is it at all possible just to live off the money maintenance loans provide youre given if i move out? id also be eligible for any low income or carers grants etc at newcastle.

Try using the student finance calculator to get an idea of the maintenance loan you could be awarded, and then look at the accommodation options on the uni website. Also search for private halls (Student Roost, Unite Students, etc.) to compare costs. Check the number of weeks that you will paying accommodation fees for as this varies between providers and can make a huge difference to the overall cost. You should then be able to work out what you will have to live on once accommodation fees are paid.

You should be able to manage a job with a few hours per week, but architecture is an intensive course so you will need to devote a lot of time to your studies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending