The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Freshers Week

Hey all!
Just wondering when freshers week starts at Aston coz i've got the chance to go on holiday on the 8th september - 16th September. But i dont want to miss Freshers!

Also when does uni actually start because on my Ucas it says starting september but my friend who applied for the same course (at Aston) her Ucas says Oct :confused:
Reply 1
freshers week begins 24th sept i think o_O
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Fresher's Week's the last week in September with courses starting the week after generally
Reply 3
Nope u wont be missing it - as everyone said,it will most likely be on the weekend before uni starts ie end of sept.

ps. to those missing it its really not the end of tht because you can sign up to a society at any point in time :biggrin:
what is freshers and do peolpe who live in birmingham actually need to attend
Reply 5
right intl. freshers week is from the 18th of sept for a week (now thats only applicable to international students.Its not really a week of partying as it is introducing the place to em)

Freshers week on the other hand is a week in which students who are new to the uni mingle with each other,you get to know about the uni,meet the other students and it is a great way to start your year.If you can you should attend it.Thats where people make their mates,have a good time and settle down in the place!Even if u live in brum give it a shot :biggrin:
freshers week- you really shouldnt miss it. even if u didnt enjoy it (which is pretty unlikely you wouldnt enjoy ANY of it, u are bound to enjoy it all or at least bits of it) you would definitly regret not going to it. you dont want to miss out :smile:
Reply 7
Freshers week..... Prob the best opportunity to make frends and pull people EVER.....unless your an auntie, cause apparently they make young homesick girls feel quite at home...lol......anyway its all about getting to know the people you live with and on your course and the surounding areas blah blah blah, also some rele good parties, you wouldnt wanna miss that would u?
Reply 8
Factor in a good hangover and your just about spot on.
I didn't get really hungover til most of the way through the first term, but I was an alcohol newbie when I came to Uni!

My worst one since was with RAG during the London Undergrand collection. Apparently Aston have a bit of a reputation among RAGs for drinking everyone under the table to uphold and uphold it we did!

Not that you have to drink to be part of RAG, of course! I'll be quiet now
Reply 10
i looked at that blog on the aston guild and it seemed to say that freshers week started on a saturday, would that be the 23rd? I dnt no wot day wer ment to move in :s-smilie: depending on results of course.
Reply 11
some ppl move in saturday, some ppl move in sunday depends ull get told - missed the first day(saturday) as did quite a lot of ppl so dont worry about it

Latest