The Student Room Group

Choosing between three offers - any ideas?

Hello, world! :smile:

So, recently, I have got all my offers from UCAS, and narrowed my choices to the next positions:

Aberystwyth (BSc Criminology), Bangor (BA Criminology and Criminal Justice), Swansea (BSc Criminology and Criminal Justice).

The thing is, each one of them has some pluses which others do not have.
For example, Swansea stands higher in rankings and I am eligible for quite a good scholarship from them, but city is much bigger than Bangor and Aberystwyth (what is a downside, because I am currently living in a big city, and I am fed up with all noises, traffic and crowd on the streets); Bangor offers great scenery (Snowdonia National Park) and better facilities for studying Welsh language (what was nearly the main reason why I chose Wales as a place to study), but is approximately twenty places lower at most rankings than Swansea; and Aberystwyth, as I found on their website, has its point in broad range of societies (I am in the medieval re-enactment for two years, and I found a decent club only at Aberystwyth), but the university is falling in rankings for last several years...
So, any advice or information?

Thank you!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by ParetoOptimum
This you brah?

In all seriousness though, academic rigour and career prospects should be your two highest priorities when making a decision

Thanks for the reply - although a little bit more specified and/or based on personal experience information about above mentioned places would be really useful! And no, I am more... serious about re-enactment than that mate on the photo.
Reply 2
Hi I'm a criminology and criminal justice student in swansea so please feel free to message me any questions you would like answered

Briefly though. I LOVE MY COURSE. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending