The Student Room Group

Will I Have To Repeat The Year?

Hi there,

I'm a Psychology with Foundation Year student in my 1st year at the University of West London. (formerly known as Thames Valley University)

The thing is, I went through a very very hard time during the 1st semester and I wasn't in the frame of mind to admit that I needed help, so I didn't apply for mitigation or anything of the sort.

In one module I have an F - fail
One NS - non- submission (didn't submit any of the two assessments)
and one RC - resit coursework.

I have no idea what to do. I'm much better now and I'm usually a strong first candidate when I'm on top of my game. It's way too late too submit any kind of mitigation and seeing as I just locked myself in my room and never told a soul what I was going through, I'd have no evidence to do so anyway.

I really really REALLY don't want to repeat, I'm much better now and semester 2 has just started. I don't want to have to repeat the entire year after having done so well just because of what I went through last semester.

Help please?
Are you sure its too late for mitigating circumstances? im having problems with failed modules too and im sure whilst reading about it i saw that you can also submit a late version of mitigating circumstances, i think its called something slightly different. I would definatly recommend looking up your uni regulations in regards to mitigating circumstances as im sure theres something in there for submitting problems even if its afterwards so that it can be considered.

Quick Reply

Latest