The Student Room Group

Finance for a repeat year if I've done a foundation year at uni?

I have done first year of integrated foundation year (so int meant to be 4 years in total with foundation year). After a foundation year I have transfer for full time 3 years Bachelor in photography. Right now I am at my third year and struggling severely with my mental health. My question is if I don't pass my final year would I get finance to repeat it ? Would it be just for a term I didn't pass or it will be whole year funding? Cheers
Hi there. Was your foundation year classed as a different course? Have you ever repeated a year or studied previously? Can you please confirm the full name of the course and university? Thanks, Leah.
Reply 2
Yes, it was foundation year in Hallam Sheffield. I did not repeated a year or studied previously. Right now I am studying Fashion photography at LCF (UAL ) London College of Fashion
Hi there,

If you could not complete your course year due to a compelling personal reason, you may be able to receive an additional year of funding if you provide evidence of this. This evidence can be uploaded from your Online Account.

We can accept photocopies of the following;
-Medical evidence from a GP on headed paper
-Letter from HEP on headed paper
-Letter from Social Services on headed paper
-Letter from clergy or professional person on headed paper
-Death Certificate and/or a Birth Certificate

Where applicable, we recommend evidence;
-Is signed and dated
-Confirms the reason why you could not continue with your studies and
- When this took place

Thanks, Drew
Reply 4
In that case would I get a one term funding? For example if I managed to pass two terms and failed the third one ? Or I will be entitled for full year funding regardless of units that I have passed ?
If your Compelling Personal Reasons for your repeat is accepted, and you only need to repeat one term, then the university would need to confirm to us your repeat detail's once you have submitted the application.

If you are only repeating 1 term, you would not be entitled to a full year funding.

This also depends if the university are classing you as in attendance or an external student. If you are classed as external then you would not be entitled to funding from us.

Thanks, Leah.
Reply 6
Thank you now that make sense!
Original post by madox.martin
Thank you now that make sense!

Hi there,

You're welcome. I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending