The Student Room Group

SAAS (Students Award Agency for Scotland) HELP!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stvnmurphy
Hello i am hijacking the hijackers thread please excuse new here and don't know where or how to post exactly. My situation is this last year i was studying HNC Construction Management and for reasons i shall not go into i missed the last two months of the year i believe there was only two units remaining. Do i have to re-sit the full year? Which i am thinking will be the case if so will SAAS fund me? Someone told me i should just progress onto HND? I am really baffled as to where i stand if anyone can enlighten me it would be much appreciated,
Steven Murphy

Depending on the severity of the units, you could carry them on to a HND, meaning sitting extra class's. This would depend entirely on the college. If they say no, SAAS offer an extra years funding, to do the HNC again. I just had to do this after failing my final exam and couple class's, as the college wouldn't let me carry them on to HND.
Reply 21
Reply 22
What documents do i have to upload with my application? :confused:
Original post by Danderlilly
Hey, I'm wanting to know if anyone can help me or can shed some light on my situation.

I am a Scottish student applying to an English University and have been made a conditional offer.

My basic question is will SAAS help pay my 9k tuition for University for the 4 years I will be there???

I have previously studied a HNC/HND but that was Art and Design.
I now want to go to university to study Korean, a completely different subject area. I checked a pdf by SAAS and it said that if a student changes a subject area of study then they can be entitled to full payment of their new course if it's a different subject area. (All to so with new '+1' system) Regardless if they have previously studied a HNC/D.

I have tried phoning SAAS but i get no luck either i get passed to the wrong person, or i'm left on the phone for hours (exaggeration). I still keep trying but no luck.

Much help would be appreciated to anyone and everyone.

May I ask how this panned out? If I'm correct, you should have received the full loan for tuition fees for all of your years (right?)
Original post by eliza.louise.mc
May I ask how this panned out? If I'm correct, you should have received the full loan for tuition fees for all of your years (right?)

I just applied for everything I possibly could at SAAS, even if I didn't end up getting my tuitions paid for. Thankfully i did get a letter through saying they would pay for everything for first year.

Sadly though i never achieved my grades for university so it wasn't required.
Original post by Danderlilly
I just applied for everything I possibly could at SAAS, even if I didn't end up getting my tuitions paid for. Thankfully i did get a letter through saying they would pay for everything for first year.

Sadly though i never achieved my grades for university so it wasn't required.

I'm sorry about that. I'll be in a very similar situation with saas this year, so thanks for shedding some light on it for me :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eliza.louise.mc
I'm sorry about that. I'll be in a very similar situation with saas this year, so thanks for shedding some light on it for me :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just do what I did and apply for it anyway, the only thing that they can say is no, and the sooner you apply then the sooner you will get a letter :smile:
Hi can anyone help please! SAAS have told me I won't get my fees paid for my hnc this year as I already have an hnc which isn't true I do not hold an HNC qualification nor hav I started an HNC course
Original post by Student83uk
Hi can anyone help please! SAAS have told me I won't get my fees paid for my hnc this year as I already have an hnc which isn't true I do not hold an HNC qualification nor hav I started an HNC course

If you know that you've not done a HNC or an equivalent level course, then just phone SAAS and tell them that and if they need proff just show them your most recent SQA qualifications. If they still don't ask them what the HNC was in.
They may have mixed yourself up with someone else, it does happen from time to time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending