The Student Room Group

local vs foreign student critieria

I am in UK with Dependent Visa. My dad is working in UK with International Company Transfer Tier 2 visa. I will be starting College by 2026 and will be completing 3 years of residence in UK.
My question is Long we need to remain in UK to be considered as Local resident
Will ICT dependent visa considered "Local resident" .

Any information regarding this will be helpful for us
Original post by Cube_Sriram
I am in UK with Dependent Visa. My dad is working in UK with International Company Transfer Tier 2 visa. I will be starting College by 2026 and will be completing 3 years of residence in UK.
My question is Long we need to remain in UK to be considered as Local resident
Will ICT dependent visa considered "Local resident" .

Any information regarding this will be helpful for us

Hi there,

Will you be living in the UK until 2026 and does the course start in September? Can you also confirm your nationality and what funding are you looking for?

Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

Will you be living in the UK until 2026 and does the course start in September? Can you also confirm your nationality and what funding are you looking for?

Thanks, Jason

Thank you for replying, I will be living in UK(Scotland) till 2026 for higher studies my nationality is India. I am under dependent visa, I am studying in S4. Will I be consider local student if I stay her for next 3-4 years?
Thank you for replying, I will be living in UK(Scotland) till 2026 for higher studies my nationality is India. I am under dependent visa, I am studying in S4. Will I be consider local student if I stay her for next 3-4 years?

Hi there,

Do you expect to get Indefinite Leave to Remain or Settled Status at any point in the near future?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 4
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Do you expect to get Indefinite Leave to Remain or Settled Status at any point in the near future?

Thanks, Graeme

Thank you for replying,
We do not expect indefinite leave to remain or settled status, is there anyway I can get reduce fees or scholarship with this current visa and current status.
Thank you for replying,
We do not expect indefinite leave to remain or settled status, is there anyway I can get reduce fees or scholarship with this current visa and current status.

Hi there,

We don't pay scholarship. The university you decide to go to will confirm if you're eligible for this or reduced fees, so you would need to discuss this with them. From what you have advised you wouldn't be eligible for finance with us. If you're living in Scotland you would apply to SAAS (The Scottish Awards Agency for Scotland) you would be best contacting them for more information.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending