The Student Room Group

Whiskey

I love my Whiskey and I was wondering what everyone favourite whiskey is:

I have had all the Jack Daniels

I currently into Wild Turkey it is smooth

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You come here claiming you love Whisky and mention 'Jack Daniels'.

Troll? :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Balvenie 15 yo. all the way :wink:
Reply 2
I said i have tried all the Jack Daniels haha i never said it was good

Troll?

Is that a scotch because i forgot to say that bourbon whiskey only.
Reply 3
Glenmorangie is quite nice.

Not a big Whisky fan though. I'll usually take blended Scotch or Bourbon and mix it with coke (sacrilege according to Whisky aficionados :lol:)
I dislike all whisky.
Reply 6
Tbh i'm not a fan of the scotch yet as i am only young but as time goes on and i dont move out of my chair at home then i probably will conform to the odd scotch or 10.

Right now its all about the Wild Turkey
Reply 7
Original post by clh_hilary
I dislike all whisky.

How come mate?
Original post by Swanbow
Glenmorangie is quite nice.

Not a big Whisky fan though. I'll usually take blended Scotch or Bourbon and mix it with coke (sacrilege according to Whisky aficionados :lol:)

It is sacrilege - if it's a single malt. Blends are there to be wasted with this.

Anyway, the best whisky comes from Islay - Laphroaig, Ardbeg & Lagavulin in particular, grown to really love the peat-y whiskys.
Original post by jord089
How come mate?

It's just a personal preference. I can tolerate most of them.
Reply 10
Rye Whiskey is also quite nice
Reply 11
I'm enjoying a nice bottle of Jura. I usually stick to single malts unless I order whisky at a bar or I'm using it as part of a cocktail. I don't think I have a favourite whisky at the moment. Maybe Glenmorangie.
Reply 12
Original post by jord089
Troll?

Was just teasing :wink:

Original post by jord089
... but as time goes on and i dont move out of my chair at home then i probably will conform to the odd scotch or 10.

I'm in my early 20s man, don't even have said chair at home and are into single malts :wink:
Reply 13
You will be enjoying them from an early age then my son, i on the other hand will slowly get into them but for now i am bourbon
Talisker is one of my favourites at the moment; this bottle's 18 years which is a nice treat.

I usually go for single malts, and smokey isle whiskys at that.

If I'm on a student night out there's usually not much choice, so take it as it comes :p:
Reply 15
Whisky is my favourite drink. Malt is my favourite and then bourbon. I'll be having some Glenfiddich tonight since its my papa's bday :smile:
I do love a bit of Talisker
Reply 17
SM: Aberlour 10. I've found Speyside makes the best whiskies (according to my preference)

Spoiler

Blend: J&B Rare. I've not had Johnnie Walker Black Label, but from what I've heard that is one of the best there is.

Spoiler

(Spoilers due to image size)
Reply 18
He said Whiskey not Whisky, big difference.
Reply 19
Original post by jord089
You will be enjoying them from an early age then my son, i on the other hand will slowly get into them but for now i am bourbon

To everyone their own. Most single malts > blends comments reek of snobbism anyway :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest