The Student Room Group

I haven't started revising yet

My first exam is mid May and the rest are in June; one of them is a practical exam so ATM all I can do is learn my lines. Everyone on here is talking about revising and it's scaring the **** out of me. I'm redoing coursework at the moment and I'm still learning the content of some of my exams. Besides the practical exam I have 4-
-Unit 4 Drama (I'm not revising for it as I'm focussing on Units 2 and 3).
-ME4 Media (still learning the content; I've got good notes written though).
-LT1 English (retake; I already know most of the content and what I'm unsure of she'll explain once my retake coursework is done).
-LT4 English (still learning the content)

Am I panicking over nothing? I want to get As in as many of these as possible. Is it alright to hold off on revision until at least some of retake coursework is done?
Reply 1
Don't worry about it, not the best advice here but ive never ever properly revised and Ive always managed to get very good grades through listening in class and working hard with the work. Its not as easy as this for some especially depending on the subject it is you're doing. My advice to you is (if you really feel necessary) go through notes you make in class AFTER you have made them and do this until all your other As levels have been completed in terms of content learning then get onto your revision. However, don't think that because some people revise 6 million months early you should - everybody is different, some need more time than others :smile:
To be honest, most people don't start revising until like 5 weeks before exams, because that way you have just enough time to revise and for it all to be fresh in your mind when you enter the exam. I personally prefer revising all year round so that, by exam season, I don't have as much "intense" revision to do, but this doesn't always work for me. I did that for my LITA1 English Lit paper in first year and got a D, then when I was resitting it I revised for less than 2 weeks and got an A! So I think if you over-cram like I most likely did then it makes all your revision a bit pointless!

Revise when you feel it is the right time. Focus on your coursework for now, but definitely start revising by the end of March, April at the latest, because we all know how annoying it is trying to fit English revision in! There's so much to an English A level (which I take that is what qualification you're doing?), and the hardest thing is trying to find time to revise that alongside your other subjects.

Don't panic about seeing other people talking about revision, and even if your friends are going on about how much revision they've don't then just ignore them hahaha, because they could still make a mistake on the paper! Just keep doing what you're doing, you sound like you know what is best :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest