The Student Room Group

About the Extended Project Qualification?

Hi,
I'm going to be taking my AS-levels next year and was wondering what topic you chose to do and whether you do it at home? Is this like a controlled assessment? thank you
Reply 1
Original post by Bloom77
Hi,
I'm going to be taking my AS-levels next year and was wondering what topic you chose to do and whether you do it at home? Is this like a controlled assessment? thank you

You can pick whatever topic you want. You can produce a dissertation, artifact and even a performance. But no handing in previous/current coursework

Most people usually do it on something they are going to pursue at university / work however it's perfectly acceptable to do something based on pure interest e.g. A mate of mine who's applying for medicine made an instrument

You can pretty much do 90% of it at home yes. You only need to do the presentation in front of people and have your teacher to sign a few stuff off to make sure it's all ok

It's not really like a controlled assessment no, more like a free style qualification. ( I probably only went to like 4 meetings during AS). In theory, you could even get a university fed to do something for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jkizer
You can pick whatever topic you want. You can produce a dissertation, artifact and even a performance. But no handing in previous/current coursework

Most people usually do it on something they are going to pursue at university / work however it's perfectly acceptable to do something based on pure interest e.g. A mate of mine who's applying for medicine made an instrument

You can pretty much do 90% of it at home yes. You only need to do the presentation in front of people and have your teacher to sign a few stuff off to make sure it's all ok

It's not really like a controlled assessment no, more like a free style qualification. ( I probably only went to like 4 meetings during AS). In theory, you could even get a university fed to do something for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh, okay,
thank you so much!!!

Quick Reply

Latest