0216S
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello! I'm from India and I'm very keen to do an Economics based EPQ. However, I don't know how to go about this? How do I register myself for EPQ? I'm currently doing CAIE based A-levels (in yr 12 right now). Please let me know how I can do this and if I can do it in year 13. Is EPQ even allowed for international students?

I think I'm not allowed to do it as an international student, is there any credible substitute i could do instead? Is there any way I can request do an EPQ or something?
Last edited by 0216S; 2 months ago
username5450504
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by 0216S)
Hello! I'm from India and I'm very keen to do an Economics based EPQ. However, I don't know how to go about this? How do I register myself for EPQ? I'm currently doing CAIE based A-levels (in yr 12 right now). Please let me know how I can do this and if I can do it in year 13. Is EPQ even allowed for international students?

I think I'm not allowed to do it as an international student, is there any credible substitute i could do instead? Is there any way I can request do an EPQ or something?
Hi there! This reply may not be of any use but maybe check out this link: https://www.oxfordaqaexams.org.uk/subjects/projects/ipq
- The International IPQ is an international version of the UK’s Extended Project Qualification (EPQ).
confuzzledteen
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yup, as an international student currently undertaking an EPQ, I can confirm that the EPQ is definitely allowed for international students. Not sure how to self-register though, as I did it through my school.
0216S
Rep:
?
(Original post by confuzzledteen)
Yup, as an international student currently undertaking an EPQ, I can confirm that the EPQ is definitely allowed for international students. Not sure how to self-register though, as I did it through my school.
Thank you so much for your reply. Which board are you studying? AQA or CAIE?

Update: Turns out Cambridge (CAIE) has started offering their own version of EPQ as IPQ! Do you think unis will consider IPQ as a whole qualification?
Last edited by 0216S; 2 months ago
confuzzledteen
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by 0216S)
Which board are you studying? AQA or CAIE?
AQA x
0216S
Rep:
?
(Original post by confuzzledteen)
AQA x
oh i see, from what i can tell only students studying AQA give the EPQ. Thanks for your help though!
confuzzledteen
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by 0216S)
oh i see, from what i can tell only students studying AQA give the EPQ. Thanks for your help though!
Wait, what do you mean by that? Sorry haha, I'm kinda confused.
We do different exam boards for different things at my school, so I do Edexcel Math, FM, Econ and AQA Chem & EPQ.
highlighters0312
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I'm doing the Edexcel EPQ and its through your school as they moderate it and internally assess. You could see if you can enter as a private candidate. IPQ is the same thing, it just means 'international project qualification' i think
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by 0216S)

You need to ask your school, but if its anything like UK exam boards, then you will need a supervisor and without one you cant do one.
Cambridge Internationals equivalent is the IPQ.

In most cases you are better off just concentrating on your main grades. Occasionally it might be worth doing if they offer a grade reduction, its a highly competitive elite uni or a highly competitive course with interviews.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (275)
56.35%
I don't have everything I need (213)
43.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise