The Student Room Group
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website

Introduce yourselves!

Hello!
I've just firmed my place at Teesside and I'd love to meet some other people that are thinking of going or have already firmed their place, also what are you studying?
:bl:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by bxn
Hi! I firmed my place for Graphic Design at the start of this year,
What are you studying? :smile:

I'll be studying Indie Games Development so I guess that means we're in the same building?:smile:
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by woocallum
I'll be studying Indie Games Development so I guess that means we're in the same building?:smile:

I guess so!
Nice to finally see someone not doing nursing! :tongue:
Reply 3
I'm studying Adult Nursing in September :smile:

Are you both applying for accommodation? Everyone I've spoken to so far on my course seems to live really close to the Uni, whereas I come from near London haha.
Reply 4
Original post by runner5

Are you both applying for accommodation? Everyone I've spoken to so far on my course seems to live really close to the Uni, whereas I come from near London haha.

I live about 1.5/2 hours away so I am going to be living in halls. I applied for accomodation a few weeks ago! Put woodlands as my first choice :tongue:
Wow, London! thats far haha
Reply 5
Original post by runner5

Original post by bxn
I live about 1.5/2 hours away so I am going to be living in halls. I applied for accomodation a few weeks ago! Put woodlands as my first choice :tongue:

I live around 4 hours away so I've applied for accommodation too, hopefully woodlands halls, I hear offers should start around next week:smile:
Reply 6
I live around 4 hours away so I've applied for accommodation too, hopefully woodlands halls, I hear offers should start around next week:smile:

Original post by bxn

Yeah it is quite a while away but I have a lot of family who live in Durham so it won't be too bad :smile:

Ah I applied for Woodlands as my first choice too :smile: Hopefully we all get our place then, that ensuite will definitely make a difference haha
Reply 7
Original post by runner5
Yeah it is quite a while away but I have a lot of family who live in Durham so it won't be too bad :smile:

Ah I applied for Woodlands as my first choice too :smile: Hopefully we all get our place then, that ensuite will definitely make a difference haha

I have high hopes for getting Woodlands, it think we're some of the first to apply, some people still haven't had replies!
Reply 8
I have high hopes for getting Woodlands, it think we're some of the first to apply, some people still haven't had replies!

Original post by runner5

I NEED that ensuite! haha :tongue:
Hope we get replies soon, the wait is killing me!
Reply 9
Original post by bxn
I NEED that ensuite! haha :tongue:
Hope we get replies soon, the wait is killing me!

I know we have to have a shared bathroom in 2nd year but I'd still rather have my own for the first year:cool:
Hey, I'm going to be studying Food Science :smile: and I'm going to be living in linthorpe hall opposite the uni :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by LauraAWoolley
Hey, I'm going to be studying Food Science :smile: and I'm going to be living in linthorpe hall opposite the uni :smile:

Hey! is Linthorpe Halls that new accomadation? I think I've heard about it:colondollar:

I have also firmed Indie Games Development. So, as long as I get the UCAS points I'll be on it too.

As for accommodation I'm hoping for Parkside village and I'm moving down with a few friends who are also going to Teesside.
Reply 13
Original post by Jrichardson96
I have also firmed Indie Games Development. So, as long as I get the UCAS points I'll be on it too.

As for accommodation I'm hoping for Parkside village and I'm moving down with a few friends who are also going to Teesside.

Good luck getting the points, I hope I can get them too! I think Parkside Village is my 2nd choice
Good luck getting the points, I hope I can get them too! I think Parkside Village is my 2nd choice

How much do you need? 240?

And are you aware of any other universities that offer Indie Games Development, I was looking and I couldn't find it anywhere else. Since I really wanted to do that particular course, it pretty much made Teesside my only/first choice.
Reply 15
How much do you need? 240?

And are you aware of any other universities that offer Indie Games Development, I was looking and I couldn't find it anywhere else. Since I really wanted to do that particular course, it pretty much made Teesside my only/first choice.

Yep 240, are you the same?
I didn't come across anywhere that did Indie in particular, only universities offering general Game Dev courses, all 4 of my other choices were just standard Game Development
Yep 240, are you the same?
I didn't come across anywhere that did Indie in particular, only universities offering general Game Dev courses, all 4 of my other choices were just standard Game Development

Yeah I need 240 as well. Was quite surprised considering it says 280 on the website.

I applied for the Game Development course as well, but my second choice was actually Games Programming.

Good luck with getting the points!
Reply 17
Yeah I need 240 as well. Was quite surprised considering it says 280 on the website.

I applied for the Game Development course as well, but my second choice was actually Games Programming.

Good luck with getting the points!

That's what I thought, especially as when I went for my interview I forgot to take a portfolio!:colondollar:
Well I'm glad you've chosen Indie, I'm hoping it will be as good as they've told me it will be
Good luck to you too!
Got on game design as well (or is game development different? :P)

Applied for Woodland Halls, I'll definitely need the accommodation coming from Bournemouth D:
Reply 19
I swear everyone is taking computer courses, I take it that their School of Computing is quite good then?

Hope we hear from accommodation soon so I can slowly start getting my pans & other independent grown up stuff together aha.

Original post by DarkFireSerpent
Got on game design as well (or is game development different? :P)

Applied for Woodland Halls, I'll definitely need the accommodation coming from Bournemouth D:

Ah, nice to know that I'm not the only person moving from down South!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending