The Student Room Group

Best vs. Worst Genre of Music

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cole-slaw
you listening to that Christian rock again brah?

:hand:

I'm not actually sure who the "he" is, but I can see why you thought that.
Reply 21
Favourite: TOO MANYY (Punk, Indie, hip-hop, rock)
Worst: Low IQ Pop and House
Reply 22
My favourite at the moment: UK black/folk metal
Examples:

My least favourite: Harsh noise - I just don't get it. I'm not even sure if there is anything to get and the artists are just trolling their fans.
Example:
Best: Soul - not found anyone who can honestly say they dislike soul - every song is sung brilliantly within this genre and just gets you off your seat

Worst: Commerical pop - disgusts me how Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber are considered as 'talent' nowadays
Best; Folk rock (Elliott Smith :tongue:)
Worst; Anything superficial/ meaningless
Reply 25
Best: Rock, Dubstep, metal, Pop

Worst: Commercial pop, like above Miley Cyrus and JB also one direction
Best: Progressive Metal, Death Metal

Worst: Pop, The type of rap that is obsessed with money/girls/gold chains, And any song that makes use of a singer going 'OOOOooooOOoooOOoOooOOO' over and over again...
Original post by mojojojo101
Best: Progressive Metal, Death Metal

Worst: Pop, The type of rap that is obsessed with money/girls/gold chains, And any song that makes use of a singer going 'OOOOooooOOoooOOoOooOOO' over and over again...

Agree with you on worst, pop and rap are dumb, but the "ooo" stuff doesn't only exist in that, and in some genres I like, like electronic, they can be put to good use in emphasis. So that's not as bad like pop and rap make it seem.
Best: Dubstep, Electro, Indie, Classic Rock,
Worst: metal

Posted from TSR Mobile
Best reply ever

Posted from TSR Mobile
I used to hate the music our headmaster used to make us sit through every Friday during assembly - especially at 8.30 in the morning! The closest genre I can think of to that would be classical/jazz

I used to be into pop, but I guess now my tastes are more R'n'B/Dance orientated. I don't mind the occasional bit of rock or heavy rock either from the likes of Billy Talent, Foo Fighters, Nickleback, My Chemical Romance, Green Day etc.
Reply 31
best: electro swing worst: death metal
It really depends since we have different opinion towards music.
Original post by sullivan4927
It really depends since we have different opinion towards music.

but the least thing we can do whether we like the music or not is not talk foul about it. let's consider the effort they put in making it. music is music.
Best: classic Rock and Metal
Worst: modern Chart Music
Best: synthwave

Worst: all music is good, honestly.
Personally, the metal rock/ "screamo", it is so loud and I can't understand words properly. It feels heavy and it's not for me
Power ballads are my least favourite. Favourite is British rock bands
Best: Metal

Worst: Everything else
who listens to electronic music? me nah care about beep bop music

Quick Reply

Latest