The Student Room Group

Bocconi University application

Hello,

I´m re-applying to this university, because I didn´t do very well on the Bocconi test in the first round. However, I would like to find out some specific information about this university first :smile:.

1.) How many IB points are required to apply? What is an average of IB points with which people get accepted?

2.) How can I prepare for the Bocconi exam? The official site only provides 2 sample exams and they consist of 20 questions, while the real exam has 90 questions. What should I study to pass it?

3.) What is the most important part of the application? The high school grades or the Bocconi exam, or the motivational letter...?

Thank you very much!!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
I see how serious your relationship to this university is. So good luck!
Reply 2
Hi.
Bocconi does not require a minimum IB score to apply. The higher it is, the more chances you have. If it is low, you should do very well in the test, if it is very high, your test musn't necessarily be excellent.
Since you already took the test, I guess you know what it includes: most of it, it's about maths and geometry (equations, probabilities, logical questions, problem-solving and critical thinking questions, comprehension texts, English language). Go to the nearest bookshop and buy something which prepares to this kind of questions. They take into account every single thing: your grades might be considered for 50%, but even if they're not high, do your best at the test.
Good luck.
Reply 3
Hi there!

Thank you, even though I sort of hoped there was a specific book that prepares you for the test. I guess I´ll take look at some SAT questions, since they target similar areas.

I was also wondering whether the "computer qualifications", which you can upload as a part of your application are of great importance. I do not possess any diplomas, but I had Informatics in school for 4 years and I also had a 3-month course in the uni that I quit, so I´m pretty good with computers :smile:.

Anyway, I´m just trying to figure out the way to increase my chances of getting in!

Thanks for all the information, it´s greatly appreciated!
Reply 4
There is a specific book, but it is in Italian! SAT is quite similar to the Bocconi test anyway. They recognise only the ECDL (European Computer Driving Licence). Are you English? If not, I recommend you to take an English test such as the IELTS or TOEFL. The best way to do well at the test is to answer only the questions you're really sure about. I was admitted to the BIEM programme and I answered 65 questions, but basically I think most of them were right. Remember that each wrong answer is -0.3 to your final score, a correct answer is +1 and if you do not answer your score doesn't change, so answer ONLY when you're sure at 99%.
Hi guys I recently applied to BIEF in Bocconi for the 2018 entry...

I got 1140/1520 on my SAT and predicted 38 on my international baccaulearate as well as having v good GPA

How do my chances look?
Original post by mmichielsen
Hi guys I recently applied to BIEF in Bocconi for the 2018 entry...

I got 1140/1520 on my SAT and predicted 38 on my international baccaulearate as well as having v good GPA

How do my chances look?

I think your chances are good if youre gpa is good. Wish you luck. How did you apply to the course? Admission says that it is open in octomber
Original post by Natobalavadze
I think your chances are good if youre gpa is good. Wish you luck. How did you apply to the course? Admission says that it is open in octomber

I applied early action in June ish
Original post by mmichielsen
I applied early action in June ish

How did it go?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending