The Student Room Group

Are you interesting?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Viva Emptiness
Umm...

- Met a paedophile off the internet
- Caught playing "strip" paper, scissors rock in a field to try and impress a guy :s-smilie:
- Been stuck in a lift and rescued by firemen
- Broke leg falling down one step
- Broke wrist doing embarrassing drunk dancing
- Boo'd a group of kids doing a little performance whilst on holiday, claiming that I was saying "boo-urns" when I got nasty looks
- Caught having sex in naughty places and by parents (cringe)
- Once took so many drugs I was awake for four days, acted like an insane person swatting away imaginary wasps at a family friends wedding vow renewal and then had to drive my mums car from Wales to Newbury but got stuck down a single track lane facing a tractor so had to attempt to reverse to the nearest over-taking bay which took about 5 attempts while the guy in the tractor just sat there watching in stupefied silence
- Declared my undying love unwittingly to someone on webcam because I didn't realise my microphone was on
- Went to an 80's themed hen do dressed as the biker guy from the Village People for no reason, moustache and everything, when everyone else just wore like, some leggings and bright make-up
- My boyfriend drunkenly called 999 on me because we were having an argument over who solved a simple mental arithmetic problem first
- On my last first date I got so nervous that I drank about a bottle of wine plus several vodkas, ended up vomiting everywhere and he had to pay £40 for a taxi to take me home
-Once when I was a kid, a friend and I ripped the legs off a squishy pig stress reliever of another girl in our class (no idea why). Ridden with guilt we locked ourselves in the toilet and tried to pritt-stick them back on. It didn't work.

Ok, there is loads more but that's all I can think of for now.

Well that's quite the childhood you've had.

I haven't done anything interesting, but I effectively had a footballers career as a kid:

7: New kid & youngest joined the club
8: Improved a lot & broke into the first team
9: Consistent top performer in the squad
10: As time went on I became one of the senior players & made captain
11: Broke a kids ankle
11: Lost captains armband
13: Lost confidence
14: Lost first team place
15: 'Retired' at the end of the season.

*All in the space of 8 years, from 7 years old to 15 years old*.
Original post by Silver Arrows
Well that's quite the childhood you've had.

I haven't done anything interesting, but I effectively had a footballers career as a kid:

7: New kid & youngest joined the club
8: Improved a lot & broke into the first team
9: Consistent top performer in the squad
10: As time went on I became one of the senior players & made captain
11: Broke a kids ankle
11: Lost captains armband
13: Lost confidence
14: Lost first team place
15: 'Retired' at the end of the season.

*All in the space of 8 years, from 7 years old to 15 years old*.

Did you also make millions?
Reply 22
If you'd read my post you'd know, almost anywhere.

But you're basically a child, so this is creeping me out a bit. I'm not ready to add BEING the paedo to that list.

Of course.

18 in 3months :colonhash: god I feel like majmuh now
Yeah.

I think all people are interesting in their own way. Everyone has a story.
Reply 24
Mildly. Have had quite a few interesting things happen, but then everyone has so eh.
Did you also make millions?

No, that will come soon. A Leeds Utd scout will read my story, offer me a once in a lifetime opportunity to have a trail for Leeds, I pass & become a fan favourite at Elland Road. Stay with the club all my life winning various European & Domestic trophies. Retire gracefully whilst on the top of my game, and leave my final game teary-eyed as the fans applaud me & sing my name.

Then I'll come back to reality :moon:
Interesting in a superficial, in-a-glance sort of way? Fairly, but not extraordinarily so. I have some amusing and weird stories, but not more than most.
But almost anyone is fascinating once you look beneath the surface a little bit. People are interesting just for being people. It's not necessarily about what you do, but rather who you are​. And 'most everyone is complex enough to be interesting.
Reply 27
Original post by Silver Arrows
No, that will come soon. A Leeds Utd scout will read my story, offer me a once in a lifetime opportunity to have a trail for Leeds, I pass & become a fan favourite at Elland Road. Stay with the club all my life winning various European & Domestic trophies. Retire gracefully whilst on the top of my game, and leave my final game teary-eyed as the fans applaud me & sing my name.

Then I'll come back to reality :moon:

MOT

I remember Leeds in Europe. Vaguely.
:moon:
Original post by xDave-
What happened?

Can't go into too much detail because, well, this is TSR, and I'd probably get more virtual kicks in the face than I can handle if I spoke the truth, the real truth, and nothing but the truth. It was nothing seriously bad - just a hell of a lot of morally questionable stuff that would make people who know me go into cardiac arrest and people who don't know me would, well, people who don't know me (at least, those on Reddit) really seem to like me for it.

In the most basic sense I was seriously psychologically ill - I entered a drastic and radical manic episode and went wild whenever I was out and alone. (At home I was a completely different story - I was either incredibly depressive or incredibly aggressive at home.) I did things like get into strangers cars and go off with them to do gods knows what. I would have guys coming up to me because they wanted my attention and normally - when I'm not enduring a manic epsiode - I wouldn't give guys like this the time of day but during the mania I would spend entire days with guys like this and do so much that your typical person would question/regret/frown upon. At the time I was dealing with severe emotional turmoil and taking it out on myself by doing all of this and a hell of a lot more that I can't even begin to explain. At the time I didn't want to know myself or know my life anymore because it was just so painful so after I met a certain person I entered a life which gave me the ultimate escape for my own - it was thrill seeking, exciting, secretive and right at the end, somewhat demeaning. I've always been the thrill seeking type but I always knew what kind of trouble I could get myself in so I never let myself embrace it. After I met this person thrill seeking became the air I breathed and it gave me the kind of life that you only see on TV or in movies.

Now, a year later, I've become almost agoraphobic because I'm terrified of the same thing happening again. It's hilarious. I used to thrive when I went out alone but now I can't even go out to get a bottle of milk without begging my sister to go with me. I left uni in January because I could feel another manic episode coming on and now I'm having to consider getting a degree via distance learning and working part time because that's the only way I can feel safe. For the last four months I've been cooped up in my own house on most days and I've never felt more safe or more peaceful. It's so different to what I started becoming used to this time last year that I'm fighting to not go back to it but the funniest thing is it could always come back. A huge part of me wants it to come back.

Have you ever heard Marina and The Diamonds' State of Dreaming? That would be the perfect theme song for what happened. When I think back to my past I start singing to myself "my life is a play" because it's all just so damn dramatic that it would make the perfect tragedy. What started in love ended in tragedy. Shakespeare would have loved me!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Robbie242
Well all my life I've only eaten a limited selection of food (days used to be full of toast, yoghurt, chocolate etc) so this made me very awkward in social situations when it came to fruit, veg eating out in general but over the years that has significantly improved and now I eat a wide selection of food, but still expanding the amount of food I eat day by day.

Another transformation was my attitude & grades, I used to play world of warcraft and be in a hardcore raiding guild, ditched social events for it, ditched family events, ignored schoolwork etcetc as a result I got mediocre GCSEs (Bs and Cs) 5 days after GCSE results day I quit and turned my attitude around from the start of a-levels (which is quite rare, you barely see people working their arses off in September) and I went from a U in maths in year 10 to the best in the year at Maths, Economics and Further Maths for AS-levels, self-teaching all of FM on my own.

I've also gone from contact with zero girls to contact with a few girls

gone from no exercise the routine exercise etc. So overweight now to healthy weight

but this is all boring life stuff so now that I think about it, 3/10, if I got into Cambridge it might be a 4/10

That's really good, man! I'd read it. I enjoy reading about stuff like that because it sets a good example for others.

Umm...

- Met a paedophile off the internet
- Caught playing "strip" paper, scissors rock in a field to try and impress a guy :s-smilie:
- Been stuck in a lift and rescued by firemen
- Broke leg falling down one step
- Broke wrist doing embarrassing drunk dancing
- Boo'd a group of kids doing a little performance whilst on holiday, claiming that I was saying "boo-urns" when I got nasty looks
- Caught having sex in naughty places and by parents (cringe)
- Once took so many drugs I was awake for four days, acted like an insane person swatting away imaginary wasps at a family friends wedding vow renewal and then had to drive my mums car from Wales to Newbury but got stuck down a single track lane facing a tractor so had to attempt to reverse to the nearest over-taking bay which took about 5 attempts while the guy in the tractor just sat there watching in stupefied silence
- Declared my undying love unwittingly to someone on webcam because I didn't realise my microphone was on
- Went to an 80's themed hen do dressed as the biker guy from the Village People for no reason, moustache and everything, when everyone else just wore like, some leggings and bright make-up
- My boyfriend drunkenly called 999 on me because we were having an argument over who solved a simple mental arithmetic problem first
- On my last first date I got so nervous that I drank about a bottle of wine plus several vodkas, ended up vomiting everywhere and he had to pay £40 for a taxi to take me home
-Once when I was a kid, a friend and I ripped the legs off a squishy pig stress reliever of another girl in our class (no idea why). Ridden with guilt we locked ourselves in the toilet and tried to pritt-stick them back on. It didn't work.

Ok, there is loads more but that's all I can think of for now.

Was there ever a second date? :lol:

Original post by LightBlueSoldier
My 4 years at uni would be interesting. My last two years at school too. The rest would be dull as ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why do you think they would be interesting?
Original post by chickenonsteroids

Was there ever a second date? :lol:

Yeah, we're still seeing each other two and half years later :rofl:

Looks like some men don't go for classy girls after all (thank God).
Reply 31
Original post by Splenge007
it would be depressing. Suppose that could be interesting :dontknow:

what about you?

Same... I wouldn't even read out myself

That's great! (not the classy girls thing... 2.5 years later... you get the point)

:woo:
Reply 33
I think I'm one of the most interesting people in this world.

Its great that you can see the error of your ways for yourself but defeatism never helped anyone. So you should try and work on becoming more classy. It might be hard but its certainly not impossible.
(edited 10 years ago)
Maybe.
If I reconsider my life up to now and consider what may happen in the future, so I would say, yes that might be an interesting story, if I would write about it.

Quick Reply

Latest