The Student Room Group

Urgent Help!!!!

Hi all!

I am a private student/candidate. And I have just two questions. I will be really thankful if someone can please help me.

1) On UCAS's website it says that Applications for the majority of courses should arrive at UCAS by 18:00 on 15 January, 2014

( http://www.ucas.com/apply/key-dates )

Question: Does it mean that I have zero chance to apply anywhere even? (How to know that universities are accepting students? Should I contact them?)

2) I have applied for Student finance (England) online, and have already sent my passport for verification purpose (yesterday). If now I withdraw my application then will they return my passport immediately or will they process the verification and after that I will get my passport?

Thanks in advance.

Bob
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by BobWey00192
Hi all!

I am a private student/candidate. And I have just two questions. I will be really thankful if someone can please help me.

1) On UCAS's website it says that Applications for the majority of courses should arrive at UCAS by 18:00 on 15 January, 2014

( http://www.ucas.com/apply/key-dates )

Question: Does it mean that I have zero chance to apply anywhere even? (How to know that universities are accepting students? Should I contact them?)

2) I have applied for Student finance (England) online, and have already sent my passport for verification purpose (yesterday). If now I withdraw my application then will they return my passport immediately or will they process the verification and after that I will get my passport?

Thanks in advance.

Bob

1) In order to be guaranteed equal consideration for a course you needed to apply by Jan 15th. The only courses you can apply to now, are those that are in Extra. That is, courses that have places left, as many universities have given out places.

This doesn't mean you won't get a place - you should still apply.

2) When you cancel your student finance application, it takes about 10 days for them to do so. They will send it back in due course, no one can say for 100% when it'll be returned to you. It may be best to cancel AFTER receiving your passport back.

Why did you send them your passport? Are you an EU student?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending