The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Accomodation, James college?

Iv'e firmed York for Psychology this year, am so excited! I'm going to apply for James College as that's the closet to my department, anyone else looking at this accommodation? Also which other colleges do you think look good at York? I'm not sure what to put down incase there's a second choice on the application form :smile:
Original post by emily_mairs
Iv'e firmed York for Psychology this year, am so excited! I'm going to apply for James College as that's the closet to my department, anyone else looking at this accommodation? Also which other colleges do you think look good at York? I'm not sure what to put down incase there's a second choice on the application form :smile:
When do applications for accommodation open? :redface:
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by Reformed2010
When do applications for accommodation open? :redface:

Applications for Unconditional's is 6th August, applications for Conditional firms is 18th August and applications for conditional insurance is the 19th. From reading on the website I think that they randomly send emails so rather than first come first serve it's just luck who gets first application on their day :s-smilie: not sure about that though
Reply 3
I've also firmed York for psychology!! :biggrin:
I'm thinking James college as well, just cos it's so nearby and I could wake up 5 minutes before a lecture starts :P
Derwent also looks really nice as well though so I'm not sure!
Reply 4
Original post by elliejessie
I've also firmed York for psychology!! :biggrin:
I'm thinking James college as well, just cos it's so nearby and I could wake up 5 minutes before a lecture starts :P
Derwent also looks really nice as well though so I'm not sure!

Nice one!! :biggrin: yeah how cool would it be rolling out of bed at about 8:55 and still being on time xD and I think james college just looks really cosy haha :smile: I think Derwent looked nice from the outside but the inside was a bit scary with the thin corridors, vanbrugh seems quite nice, think I need to look into it more though before August :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by emily_mairs
Nice one!! :biggrin: yeah how cool would it be rolling out of bed at about 8:55 and still being on time xD and I think james college just looks really cosy haha :smile: I think Derwent looked nice from the outside but the inside was a bit scary with the thin corridors, vanbrugh seems quite nice, think I need to look into it more though before August :smile:

gotta admit that's one of my fave things about James :P
oh really? i didn't get a chance to look around inside Derwent, just thought it looked so lovely outside!
what was Vanbrugh like? didn't get a chance to look round it either :/
Reply 6
Original post by elliejessie
gotta admit that's one of my fave things about James :P
oh really? i didn't get a chance to look around inside Derwent, just thought it looked so lovely outside!
what was Vanbrugh like? didn't get a chance to look round it either :/

Deffo worth it for the late starts hope I get a place at James!! Derwent does look good outside and apparently has the best social life so that's pretty cool too :smile: I dont think Vanbrugh looks as good from the outside but the rooms inside I thought were really nice :smile:
I'm also planning on choosing James college :smile: got an unconditional to study maths and linguistics so I'm liking the idea of being close to the maths department! A friend's sister recently graduated from James and said she had the most amazing time there. September can't come soon enough!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending