The Student Room Group

AQA Spanish A2 - the writing paper...

Anyone else this stupid? I had a complete mental blank in the exam and went and forgot that there's a word limit on the paper. Does anyone know what happens if you write, say, 3 sides too many? Will they just not mark it, or will they dock a load of marks but mark the rest anyway? Just that I'm slightly panicking with results day looming ahead...
Reply 1
Ariadne
Anyone else this stupid? I had a complete mental blank in the exam and went and forgot that there's a word limit on the paper. Does anyone know what happens if you write, say, 3 sides too many? Will they just not mark it, or will they dock a load of marks but mark the rest anyway? Just that I'm slightly panicking with results day looming ahead...

IIRC there's no word limit. They just 'suggest' that the minimum amount is 250 or 350, can't remember. And considering how little I write, I've gotten away with it on many occasions. No-one pays attention to it in my experience, you write as much as you can in as good language and with as good a structure, etc etc, as you can/need to to answer the question. The reason the word count suggestion is there is because they need a certain amount to be able to judge your command of the language, so going over it shouldn't be a problem - I wonder how many marks I've lost in the past/this time round if writing too little matters... then again I think it was only 250 per essay at A2, in which case I didn't fall short... I think...
I went into that exam thinking I would have absolutely nothing to write for the cine a partir de 1960 one... I think I was quite lucky, in that I could think of a way round it to argue a point and stuff. I don't think I've ever been more terrified... oh wait, yeah I was, in German where we didn't know the topic and again in French where we didn't know EITHER of them. I think I managed to come up with something alright in all of them though... we'll see on results day...

Latest

Trending

Trending