The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
1) how long if you did have a lisp for?
Hmmm... couple of days? Just as long as its a bit swollen basically.
2) How painful exactly was it?
The actual piercing I would say didnt hurt at all. Seriously. Its the most bizarre thing because you can *feel* the needle going through your tongue but it doesnt hurt. Apparently its because you have no nerves in your tongue or something underneath? Which is why they pierce it from the bottom up. Try getting like a pen or something and poking underneath your tongue. You won't feel anything. So yeah needle doesnt hurt. Its just the healing afterwards and if you knock it about accidentally when it hurts.
3) How long did it take for the swelling to go down?
The main swelling only took a few days. Though for FULL swelling to go down ie. my tongue to be completely back to normal was like a month for me. It wasnt noticeable to anyone but me though, only because I was looking at it every day and noticing every tiny little thing. I dont know if that was normal or not..
4) Have you ever regretted it?
Nope I love it! And I love surprising people with it because I'm not the kind of girl people expect to have a tongue ring hehe..
5) Is there really much to the whole "They crack your teeth theory"?
Yes. Its something you should take really seriously - your teeth are for life and you've got to take into account the chance that you may bite down on the ball hard accidentally and crack your teeth. I've not known anyone to have any problems but then maybe my friends are just lucky. I'm quite careful as well with my piercing tho I've had a couple of occasions when I've almost chomped down and realised just in time! If you're really paranoid about it, use ptfe plastic bars and carry spare ones with you. These will crack before your teeth do :p: but also because of that have spare ones just in case! I dont use my own advice and have a really pretty titanium multicoloured one though!
Reply 21
1) how long if you did have a lisp for? Didnt
2) How painful exactly was it? Wasnt really, i was surprised
3) How long did it take for the swelling to go down? a week
4) Have you ever regretted it? Nope :biggrin:
5) Is there really much to the whole "They crack your teeth theory"? erm sort of, just change to plastic

Latest